Williston VT LEO's ticket gun club for noise

Probably a douchebag chief who likes to hurr durr a lot. Or there are some town politics behind it and the chief should have told the whiners to just **** off and die but he doesn't have a spine, so he issues the cites so he can say "well we did something".

-Mike

Williston is a fairly small town and next to Burlington, by moonbat central. There are shit ton of new developments going up in the last 10-15 years. He just wants them out to do a land grab, I bet.

“The agreement was about notifying the town, not asking permission (to shoot). And it was mutually severable and could be amended at any time when it was put together,” Riddle said. Now, all of a sudden, the town wants to treat it like they were giving us permission. That was never the case.”
Hopkinton Sportsmens has occasionally had queries from real estate agents/builders about hours of operation, hunting on the land, etc.

The above is why our reply always contains "This is intended as an explanation of our current club policies which are subject to change at any time. Nothing in this letter shall be construed as an agreement or limitation on club activities permitted by law."

If you are not careful, a courtesy such as "not shooting before 9AM" will be assumed to be an agreement and a limitation - which means that you can no longer use such limitations as bargaining points as the opposition will "own" that limitation.

“The agreement was about notifying the town, not asking permission (to shoot). And it was mutually severable and could be amended at any time when it was put together,” Riddle said. Now, all of a sudden, the town wants to treat it like they were giving us permission. That was never the case.”

Riddle added the club has no intention of shutting down, and Hughes said the rift could lead to lawsuits if the town doesn’t back off.
“The town has just been inflexible, so finally the club said, you know what, we really don’t need your permission to shoot on our property,” Hughes said.

As for the pink citations listing fines of $150 and $250, they’re sitting around collecting dust this Memorial Day — an interesting piece of symbolism, considering it’s a day when Vermonters are memorializing patriotic Americans who died to protect constitutional freedoms.

Good for them.

That's a small club, only trap shooting. The only neighborhood looks to be a trailer park that has been there for quite a while.

It's also south of rt 89 which is not where the newer developments are.

That's a small club, only trap shooting. The only neighborhood looks to be a trailer park that has been there for quite a while.

It's also south of rt 89 which is not where the newer developments are.

I'd love it if the complainants were neighboring residents of Gun Club Rd.

I don't see any mention of actual complaints in the article.

It sounds like the town is just being stupid and wants to force the club to adopt some rules. The article states that immediately after a town agreement regarding hours of operation lapsed then the police started showing up.

Why they would voluntarily enter in some sort of written agreement, even if it is just a notification rather than permission slip as the club says, is beyond me...

Burn em all. The only thing worse than a New Yorker in Vt is a NY'er in MA. Go infect Ct you pestilent SOB's.

Your probably not far off.
I wonder how many McMansions someone could stuff on the that property?

You can't be familiar with the area. [smile] I have some relatives up in that area and there are no McMansions. In the whole area, there are only a small number of multi million dollar places on Lake Champlain. It's Vermont, there are middle class areas, poor areas and farms (lot's of farms). There is so much open land in Williston alone, there is no need to go for one particular property. South of Rt 89 is also much less desirable in that area.

this is the shit these type of twerps tried in our town.
"Hughes said both he and club officials attended Williston select board meetings in May to explain the law and get things worked out, but the town manager and select board retreated into closed executive sessions."
they run and hide because they are the ones that are calling for illegal action by the police chief. These kind of vile vermin need exterminating...

Back
Top Bottom