Winchester 24 gun safe

For those who own the Winchester 24 gun safe from Tractor Supply I have a question. I am thinking of buying this safe as I've outgrown my gun cabinet and wanted to know realistically how many long guns I can fit in the safe? I am planning on using this only for long guns and pistols and putting all the ammo in the gun cabinet.

Are you related to sexual harassment Panda?

I have the safe, and have had problems (covered under warranty, but requiring a locksmith, that I could have fixed if allowed to by the TX company) witb the digital keypad.

As my collectin grows, Im using it for non critical items.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

I'd say realistically 10-12 rifles. There's pockets on the door for pistols and lots of room on the right side for ammo or pistols in the case. I bought the extended warranty as I've heard people have had trouble with the keypad. Its been fine for me and my brother has the same safe with no issues.

If you are interested in a similar size safe, but with a mechanical lock, you should check out the safes at Lowes. I recently got a 24 gun First Alert safe with S&G spin lock for $475. They also have a similar Liberty safe.

- - - Updated - - -

And 10-12 rifles is a comfortable estimate.

If you are interested in a similar size safe, but with a mechanical lock, you should check out the safes at Lowes. I recently got a 24 gun First Alert safe with S&G spin lock for $475. They also have a similar Liberty safe.

- - - Updated - - -

And 10-12 rifles is a comfortable estimate.

I would keep looking for a bigger safe. If your collection is growing. Just think how much it will multiply over a year.

I went with the 32 plus six gun safe at Dicks. I am glad that I went with a bigger safe.

I've got the Field & Stream 32+6 gun safe from Dick's and have no complaints. Got it when it was on sale for $699. Really good safe for the money.

I have the Cannon 24 gun from Tractor Supply. I can cram 15 rifle/shotguns and 4 pistols into it.
Could put more pistols, but that is about max for rifles. Especially if you have any with scopes.

I think the Winchester they offer is slightly larger so you might be able to fit more. Plus, the Winchester has external hinges so the door should open further than the Cannon (about my only complaint with the thing).

I've got the Field & Stream 32+6 gun safe from Dick's and have no complaints. Got it when it was on sale for $699. Really good safe for the money.
It's a sweet safe for the money! I picked mine up Black Friday. $519 out the door! I had a coupon and opened a Dicks charge which brought it down 10% .

I honestly like the turn dial better than electronic keypad on bigger safes.

It's a sweet safe for the money! I picked mine up Black Friday. $519 out the door! I had a coupon and opened a Dicks charge which brought it down 10% .

I honestly like the turn dial better than electronic keypad on bigger safes.

Wow you got a smokin deal on that safe. I agree, I much rather prefer the dial than the keypad. I did a little writeup with pictures of my safe when I got it back in September.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...o-my-basement?highlight=field+stream+gun+safe

Last edited:
I recently bought a Stack on 24 gun safe from walmart for about 450. Very nice safe for the money. Has two keys plus an electronic keypad. The door has pockets and four velcro holsters. You can arrange the inside like most safes. Its fire and even water proof up to three feet of water. Best of luck

Thanks for the responses. I was considering the Field and stream 32 gun safe as it's on sale for $750 right now. If I go that route I may just wait until Black Friday to get a better deal and stop buying rifles and only buy handguns until then as I have a small safe I can fill with pistols.

Didn't find the Stack on for $450 at Walmart. Did you find it in the store or online?

I looked at the Winchester myself. For the $500 24 gun safes Winchester was the heaviest (almost 100 lbs more) and had the most locking pins. Field and Stream and Stack-on are identical except the manual combo lock vs the digital one. What turned me off to it was the lack of a key if the battery died or the lock failed.

I have the Winchester, for the money ($399 on sale??)i think it's better than whats out there. I really like the door pockets haven't had issues with it yet. Highly recommend for a first safe.

I did a lot of research, and purchased this safe recently. I paid $650 (sale). It's a good value for those of us not looking to purchase a 'lifetime' vault.

That's from tractor supply???

I only see it for $699.99

I got it at tractor supply in plympton about a year ago on sale, i swear it was $399, i honestly don't think it was even $499, it was crazy cheap. i called and dropped a deposit to hold one before they cleared out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say realistically 10-12 rifles. There's pockets on the door for pistols and lots of room on the right side for ammo or pistols in the case. I bought the extended warranty as I've heard people have had trouble with the keypad. Its been fine for me and my brother has the same safe with no issues.

Do you remember how much you paid, I know we bought them during the same sale???

I got it at tractor supply in plympton about a year ago on sale, i swear it was $399, i honestly don't think it was even $499, it was crazy cheap. i called and dropped a deposit to hold one before they cleared out.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you remember how much you paid, I know we bought them during the same sale???
Pretty sure it was $499. Still a decent deal.

Back
Top Bottom