Wolf Gold .223. Opinions?

I need some .223/556 for my new AR. I don't not want anything that might harm steel targets so the xm855 type stuff is out...

Is the Wolf gold ( brass cased, reloadable, 55gn ) any good?

I bought a 1k rounds when I bought my first AR.. I found it to shoot fine. I was under the belief wolf gold is loaded by ppu?

I do not have any experience with the wolf gold.

try to find some federal M193 / XM193
It is steel target safe, and has arguably the best brass for reloading - Lake city

Oddly enough, I found this thread on a google search, not through the site engine. I just picked up a case, heading out to try it. Bullet is non-magnetic. Wolf Gold is contracted out to different manufacturers, it used to be PPU but I think that went down a few years back. Considering this is made in a technologically advanced first-world country that has basically been under arms since its inception and awaiting an invasion by the largest land army in the world, it should be pretty good quality.

No a fan of Wolf. I love Federal, American eagle, PMC, and Fiocchi for my AR.

This isn't Russian Wolf - it's made in Taiwan, fully reloadable brass cased, lead core 55gr with a full copper jacket, sealed primers.

I got very good groups using an AUG with a stock (read: terrible) trigger. 100% flawless functioning through my two most ammunition-sensitive 5.56 rifles. I like it and will buy more.

Long as it isn't bimetal jacket. Interesting article floating around here someplace on the effect of bimetal jacketed rounds and barrel life.

Long as it isn't bimetal jacket. Interesting article floating around here someplace on the effect of bimetal jacketed rounds and barrel life.

Like I said, lead core, full copper jacket. Didn't react to my magnet whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom