Woo! Hoo! My 1911 is ready

Just got a call from S&W. They corrected the brass ejection problem by replacing the stock ejector with one from Ed Brown. Hopefully this will solve the problem. I am going to pick up my gun right after work.

Yes!

Very good to hear and you thought it might be sitting during that 2 week vaca... grats hope it comes home shooting like a dream.

Extractor right? I didn't realize that Ed Brown made extractors for the SW1911. It's an external extractor, not the internal extractor of the original design, that is on the SW1911. That's why I am curious about it. I like Ed Brown parts a lot and might replace my extractor with one of his if this is true.

Extractor right? I didn't realize that Ed Brown made extractors for the SW1911. It's an external extractor, not the internal extractor of the original design, that is on the SW1911. That's why I am curious about it. I like Ed Brown parts a lot and might replace my extractor with one of his if this is true.

The original post says ejector, which makes alot more sense than extrator if the problem if brass getting thrown at your head

The original post says ejector, which makes alot more sense than extrator if the problem if brass getting thrown at your head

Part of the reason that I asked is because I don't know what an ejector is. I assumed it was the extractor. What is the ejector and where is it located?

Alright, I figured it out. I always thought that was part of the frame and didn't realize that it was a separate piece.

Part of the reason that I asked is because I don't know what an ejector is. I assumed it was the extractor. What is the ejector and where is it located?

http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/resources?tabid=9&page=schematics/1911gov.htm

The ejector ejects the case. As the slide moves back with the empty case held to the slide by extractor, the case will hit the ejector and be ejected, where the ejector hits the case and when it hits the case will determine the angle the case leaves the gun. the higher the cases is hit, the flatter it will eject

Back
Top Bottom