WOOHOO!

Wow, I'm excited! Department of Justice cashed my $200.00 NFA check! They have had the paperwork for 2 weeks! I can only assume that the paperwork was validated and everything went OK. Unfortunately now begins the 5 month wait on my AR parts.....[sad2]

Now if only stuff wasn't on backorder I could have had my SBR built by xmas. Noveske is at 3-5 month lead time right now depending on the item just as an example.

Unfortunately, they cash checks without looking at anything, except maybe that its made out to DOJ or ATF. If there are any problems with your form, you won't know for months. My last form took just over 4 months.

--EasyD

Unfortunately, they cash checks without looking at anything. If there are any problems with your form, you won't know for months. My last form took just over 4 months.

--EasyD

Oh, lame! I had read on other forums if the check gets cashed it's good to go. At least they are reviewing it!

Oh, lame! I had read on other forums if the check gets cashed it's good to go. At least they are reviewing it!

It would be really nice if that was true. I had a friend that did a transfer from a FFL to a trust, and there was a problem with his trust paperwork. They cashed his check in 2 weeks, and he didn't get the bounced back form for 3 months after that. After correcting it, it took another 6 weeks for it to come back approved. That was about 6 months ago.

--EasyD

It would be really nice if that was true. I had a friend that did a transfer from a FFL to a trust, and there was a problem with his trust paperwork. They cashed his check in 2 weeks, and he didn't get the bounced back form for 3 months after that. After correcting it, it took another 6 weeks for it to come back approved. That was about 6 months ago.

--EasyD

Thanks for the info, I know the trust paperwork is good, I had it reviewed by a lawyer before I sent it.

Cool and good luck with the approval.
I have an off topic question for you:
What made you decide to go the trust route (I'm assuming you did based on your last thread), as opposed to the CLEO signature route?
I am asking because I am thinking of venturing into the NFA world in the coming year, starting with a couple of SBR's. I'm just curious what, if any, advantage you saw from using the trust. If your not comfortable with answering in a public forum I understand, and apologize in advance if I'm prying.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you haven't been approved. ATF recieves the paperwork, then deposits the check automatically. Usually it shows up cashed in 1-2 weeks. The app then sits in the pile on the inspectors desk until they get around to it. The wait time from check cashing to tax stamp was around 2 months, but my guess is that got extended after the election. So you are looking at mid-Feb or later before you get your stamp if history is a guide. Look at the bright side, it gives you more time to get your parts together. :)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you haven't been approved. ATF recieves the paperwork, then deposits the check automatically. Usually it shows up cashed in 1-2 weeks. The app then sits in the pile on the inspectors desk until they get around to it. The wait time from check cashing to tax stamp was around 2 months, but my guess is that got extended after the election. So you are looking at mid-Feb or later before you get your stamp if history is a guide. Look at the bright side, it gives you more time to get your parts together. :)

^^ and what EasyD are saying. The check cashing is not really related to the application at all. You are still in for a wait. After 11/4, the wait looks to be 60-80 days.

Good luck!

Just was thinking about this today......getting anxious!

~1 month to go if it's 60-80 days after they cash my check. I have all the parts except for the barrel, which is still a good 12+ weeks out.

Back
Top Bottom