would you trade in unfired S&W 39-2 9mm for 92sf ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1911

NES Member
I have a S&W 39-2 9mm semi auto. Purchased in a estate as never fired, looks like its never been fired, I have not fired it.

Any way thinking of tradeing it in twards a beretta 92sf ?

any thoughts or opinions

Well, the Beretta is the better pistol, but only you can decide if your unfired S&W is worth holding on to.

I posted it for sale once before when I first got it, no bites. maybe I will try again

I posted it for sale once before when I first got it, no bites. maybe I will try again

I'd guess you wouldn't get more than $250-$275 in trade at most shops. I don't know what you were selling it for originally, but maybe you should re-evaluate the loss that you will take trading it in when considering your asking price.

I always hate seeing guys in gunshops get ripped off on trades.

If you trade it, you'll get screwed on the price.

Did you already list it here? Wish I had the cash, I'd make an offer right now. I have one and it runs great for an old gun. I'm the third generation in my family to use it and I can't imagine how many rounds have been through it. It would be nice to retire it and have a shiny new one.

I would try selling it on AuctionArms. It only costs $4 to become a seller there. The model 39 should fetch at least $350 to $400.

They are a GREAT pistol. I wish I still had mine. Too bad I won't have cash for at least 2 or 3 weeks. I would make you an offer in a heartbeat. I really like the single-stack, it's so easy to carry concealed. Didn't like the model 59 because of the additional grip thickness for the double-stack.

The DA/SA trigger on the Model 39 makes precise shooting easy with practice. Kind of a long pull, but with a little practice it's a really great gun.

Crap - I hope I didn't talk you out of selling it. If you could wait a couple of weeks for my auctions to sell . . . .

please close, possible early arrival of TWINS put a delay on EVERYTHING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom