Wouldn't M1 carbine mags be pre-ban?

Since there has been much talk about the upcoming M1 carbines that CMP will be getting I started looking into the mag problem. I have been under the impression that mags that were produced before the AW ban are ok. In other words I could have say a 30 round AR mag and put it into my post ban AR - as long as the 30 round mag was produced pre-ban.

However as I look at some of the places online that are selling M1 carbine mags - none of them will sell over a 10 round to MA. There are 20 and 30 rounders available - which were all produced quite a few decades ago if I am correct. Wouldn't these mags be considered "pre-ban" and therefore be legal to possess - especially since the M1 carbines themselves are definitely "pre-ban"?

Is there something I am missing here?

There are after market post ban mags but most of what you're seeing is more than likely preban USGI mags. The companies won't sell to Mass as a blanket policy. It's too much of hassle for them to insure that they are preban and that you have the proper license.

I figured it was probably something like that. I was thinking if I order some I would just get them sent to my work address - in New Hampshire.

I figured it was probably something like that. I was thinking if I order some I would just get them sent to my work address - in New Hampshire.

Just don't try to pay for them using a credit card with a Mass billing address. I tried that (my GF lives in NH) and they wouldn't sell them to me and ship them to her unless the CC's billing address was in NH as well.

OK, bragging time... you guys are going to hate me for this... When I was 18 (in 1982) my second gun purchase was an Inland M1 Carbine with twenty 15-round mags, twenty five 30-round mags, and 2000 rounds of US surplus ammo for..

.... (wait for it)......

$100

I know. I suck.

Just don't try to pay for them using a credit card with a Mass billing address. I tried that (my GF lives in NH) and they wouldn't sell them to me and ship them to her unless the CC's billing address was in NH as well.

OK, bragging time... you guys are going to hate me for this... When I was 18 (in 1982) my second gun purchase was an Inland M1 Carbine with twenty 15-round mags, twenty five 30-round mags, and 2000 rounds of US surplus ammo for..

.... (wait for it)......

$100

I know. I suck.

Yes you do suck.

The credit card thing was what I was wondering about too. I should probably order with a cashiers check just to be safe.

The damn M1 carbine mags should all be pre-ban. I can't blame the online stores for not selling to MA - it is probably not worth the risks. This is just another instance of our politicians screwing us over in my opinion.

.... (wait for it)......

$100

I know. I suck.

You don't just suck, You suck and blow. At least tell us you still own it.

.... (wait for it)......

$100

I know. I suck.

I have the CMP paperwork for my Dad's Saginaw carbine: gun was $17.50,shipping was $2.50 in 1962.

Anyone find any M1 Carbine 30 round Mags in MA ? I finally have my M1 Carbine showing up in the e-store at CMP so I should have it next week. I have ammo, I just need to find some magazines.

Anyone find any M1 Carbine 30 round Mags in MA ? I finally have my M1 Carbine showing up in the e-store at CMP so I should have it next week. I have ammo, I just need to find some magazines.

Just sent you a private message. I found a place that has 15's and 30's for ok prices.

I am still waiting to get my email about when my carbine is coming.

They (old military, pre-ban) are usually readily available for decent prices at every gun show.

I've found plenty of them still in caked cosmo and wax paper for cheap money ($10). So badly that I need Goof Off just to get the glue off the mags. Like Len said they're out there left and right at shows.
Marlboro in September.[smile]

I bought some carbine mags at AFS in N. Attleboro, that was a few months back, but might not hurt to give them a call and check.

Back
Top Bottom