Wound Managment Classes at the Weston Shooters Club 12/21/14 at 10am

Billy2

Instructor
NES Member
Update...

I have gotten a lot of positive feed back so I have set up a few classes.

Sunday 12/21/2014 10am at the Weston Shooters Club

Please follow this link to Sign Up.

http://www.westonshootersclub.com/training/ [/B]

All, I am gauging interest in teaching a class on basic wound management.

The class would cover:

Contacting and relaying vital information to 911 dispatchers

Protection against infectious disease

Controlling Blood Loss

Pressure Dressings

Appropriate use of Tourniquets

Hemostatic Agents / Quick Clot

Chest Seals

The class is approximately two hours long consisting of video instruction and hands on training. Instructions will be provided for self-aid as well as the aid of others. Some of the videos in the class does contain graphic images.

This is a very basic course and no previous medical experience is needed

If interested please Pm me through the site. I have a location to teach in Metro West ( Weston Shooters Club) and can accommodate classes of about 10.

I am a Full time Police Officer, Veteran and Mass EMT/BLS Instructor.

Attachments

• 2700woptions-C-370.jpg
    2700woptions-C-370.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Im free nights and weekends. I could teach a class this Saturday Afternoon if there is enough interest.

I have access to the Weston Shooters Club in Weston. I could also arrange to teach at a gun club if it had internet access and a large tv or projector.

How many people would you need to go to a location to teach the class.

Depends on how far. I would guess at least 5. However this will be taken on a case by case basis

Sorry your working bud. I am going to try for another date about 2 weeks out.

If I can get 3 people to commit to a class Saturday afternoon in Weston I will teach.

I am also going to Karma a free class.

The focus is on gunshots but it applies to any injury that bleeds. If a cook or a arborist is in the class they will be perfectly capable of treating a knife wound or chainsaw injury.

"If it bleeds we can treat it"

Last edited:
The weekends are good, preferably a Saturday afternoon. That way before I go I can hit up some gun stores I don't usually visit.

I was asked via PM if the class was difficult or if any previous medical experience is needed.

This class is very basic and no previous experience is needed.

I just realized that the 29th is Thanksgiving weekend and I wont be here for that so I just canceled the booking through the Weston website. I will sign up for the next one depending on the day. Sorry for signing up then cancelling the next day. Didn't even dawn on me that it was thanksgiving weekend.

No problem at all. Had our first class last night and it went great. The class was full and the hall way out side was full of spectators that had just come to shoot. I will be adding more dates shortly.

Last edited:
Todays class went great! Still seats for the Sat 11/29 class at 10:00 Am available.

Last edited:
I took the class yesterday and it went great. We went over how to properly stop the bleeding from different wounds and apply the appropriate tourniquets, bandages and quikclot. The instructor has a life size practice dummy with wounds as well as training aid with more serious wounds like gunshots and knife wounds. Everybody receives training on how to use all the products mentioned in the class. I would recommend this class and Bill to anybody else.

Back
Top Bottom