Wrong! Sorry! GOAL's response includes banning 50 cal

Do you have a comprehension problem?

"GOAL Recommends: No further bans be enacted. We further recommend that
since the current bans have not had their desired effect, that all current laws
banning certain types of guns be repealed."

[rolleyes]

Edit: There's the "report reccomendations" and then what GOAL reccomends... and those
are often two wholly radically different things.

-Mike

http://www.goal.org:80/PS/Chapter180part2.htm

Down at the bottom of GOAL's recommendations

"Ban .50 Caliber rifles, the Herstal Five-seveN handgun and any ammunition that could penetrate body armor."

I definately will not support GOAL on that idea.
BillG aka Stogie

Stogie, you didn't read far enough - at the end of the letter, it shows the "ban" on .50 caliber. This was GOAL's Response

GOAL Recommends: No further bans be enacted. We further recommend that since the current bans have not had their desired effect, that all current laws banning certain types of guns be repealed.

Are you saying you support a ban on 50's? I am hardly a huge fan of GOAL, but this is what the link ypu put up says about it (underline added by me)...

Report’s Recommendation: Banning .50 Caliber rifles, the Herstal Five-seveN handgun and any ammunition that could penetrate body armor.

Since no laws that ban specific types of guns has ever proven to have any affect in stopping or preventing crime and there is no proof that they ever will, this type of approach only serves the interest of special interest groups that wish to ban guns entirely.

GOAL Recommends: No further bans be enacted. We further recommend that since the current bans have not had their desired effect, that all current laws banning certain types of guns be repealed.

I think you read it wrong, pal.

GOAL's recommendation follows that "Report Recommendation" line. The Report Recommendation refers to the Homeland Security Committee report.

Here's what GOAL says:

Since no laws that ban specific types of guns has ever proven to have any affect in stopping or preventing crime and there is no proof that they ever will, this type of approach only serves the interest of special interest groups that wish to ban guns entirely.

You are misreading. The full quote...
Report’s Recommendation: Banning .50 Caliber rifles, the Herstal Five-seveN handgun and any ammunition that could penetrate body armor.

GOAL Recommends:No further bans be enacted. We further recommend that since the current bans have not had their desired effect, that all current laws banning certain types of guns be repealed.

Thanks for the correction

I'm sorry about my quick response. I misread the document and rushed my post.
Thanks for the civilized responses.
Sincerely,
SF

Ya know, if it is that unclear, maybe there are others out there who aren't clear on it either. GOAL should come out with stronger language stating their position.

Ya know, if it is that unclear, maybe there are others out there who aren't clear on it either. GOAL should come out with stronger language stating their position.

It's not unclear. You just need to read the whole thing. What part of "no bans" isn't clear?

Maybe some one could post the GOAL position again just to make sure we all get it. [rofl]

"Explaining GOAL's position so easy a caveman can do it."

Can we at least do somthing to this thread title?

I'd hate for somebody who skims this forum to get the wrong idea and think GOAL is anything but Mass Gun Owner's first line of Defence.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Sorta back on topic...

This part is troubling...

any ammunition that could penetrate body armor.

I kind'a doubt (but I wouldn't wager against it), this is a rehash of the idiotic federal legislation Fat Teddy proposed that would have banned most (if not all), rifle/hunting ammo.

My concern is that it could be interpreted to included 7.62x25 ammo and/or CZ-52 handguns.

Back
Top Bottom