• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10m is wide open to Europe!

I've been working all of Europe and Russia daily from my truck. Big signals, too. On a mobile antenna. When 10 is open, anyone can work the world on a minimal setup.

Ah, you gotta love these 7 second OSOs.
Some were, yes. Not all. I'm starting to like the ones with a little back and forth. The Austrian I spoke with was very friendly. I think I heard him better than he heard me, but eventually I was missing too much and had to end.

The guys who are just YOURCALL 59, and move on I treat like beacons. If I can work them I know I'm reaching.

I just saw a couple articles about rectangular loops for 2 and 6m, then this video for 10m. This looks like an easy build, and I might turn my failed vertical moxon into one of these.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY_1IHUUxuA

Articles about 2m and 6m versions.

Pretty sure I spoke with S55OO in Slovenia just now. I said my call sign, and they repeated it back to me.

Is that considered a "contact"?

View attachment 857015

See also:

Attachments

• 1709484613964.png
    1709484613964.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Pretty sure I spoke with S55OO in Slovenia just now. I said my call sign, and they repeated it back to me.

Is that considered a "contact"?

View attachment 857015

See also:

The ARRL International DX SSB contest is on this weekend. The DX gives you a signal report and the power they are running. You give a signal report (everyone is 59) and your state (I assume MA). I've stayed on 15 meters the whole time. The JA's were in nicely last night, starting around 5 PM local time and running for quite a few hours.

10m was pretty fun too! I worked a few Asians but did see 15m was working well. Was trying for DXCC on 10m... Was short....

UJay

Man, 10 was quiet for me today. I heard some contest stations, but not much was moving the needle. Could have been the time of day.

Man, 10 was quiet for me today. I heard some contest stations, but not much was moving the needle. Could have been the time of day.
I was on for a bit this morning. It was not too bad at all, but the signals were in and out. I did a audio/screen recording of a run of about 20 minutes I can post up later

UJay

I was on for a bit this morning. It was not too bad at all, but the signals were in and out.
I was also purposely avoiding contesters so my datapoint is a bit skewed.
I was just taking whatever I could get. And I got some. I'm in the very early preliminary stage here, so I'm just happy someone halfway around the world could hear me and I could hear them. I don't even care what was said at this point. :)[wave][rofl][party][laugh][rockon]

Just made five contacts to Finland and Sweden on 50w and an 80m dipole at 7 feet off the ground.

Is there any way to know, or find out, where to look for people from certain countries, or even specific areas of countries? I'm very curious about certain areas of Sweden and Finland, because I have relatives there. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom