12 weapons of the body.

jmjkd

Instructor
When most folks think about fighting they think typically punching, kicking, or guns, threatening with fist in face or putting the boots to someone. However your entire body can and should be used as a weapon. The most obvious reason why certain weapons are more popular and used then others is because of education and what you have seen or been told, what you watch on tv, school yard fights and the occasional class at the local Martial Arts school.

If we put the fighting aside ( self preservation) and stay with the theme of science of movement (self perfection) we can see that there are only certain weapons or what I call “tools” that can work in their natural perspective distance ( range). When people don’t understand distance they tend to use the wrong tool for the job and when you don’t know all the tools available to you, one tends to use what they know or what they have used before. It’s like the homeowner trying to take a facet out using the only tool he has (adjustable wrench) while the plumber pulls out the sink wrench, an easy fix. . The homeowner can still get the job done after a lot of cursing and scraped knuckles., but with the right tool, it just makes the job a lot easier. Some are laughing because they may have done this task…

So understanding the right tool for the job is critical, here are the 12 tools of the body
1. head
2. teeth.
3. chin.
4. shoulder
5. inner elbow
6. elbow
7. hands
8. butt
9. hip
10. knee
11. shin
12. foot

Each tool corresponds with each, or all of the 4 ranges of combat. Many people are looking towards Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) today because they have more freedom in movement and technique. They can utilize almost all of the 12 tools, this will help when countering a good boxer with a grapplers clinch, or maybe a take down and visa versa, a good boxer can keep the grappler at bay with quick hard punches. You have to know your tools, what job they do and how good you can use them. This would be considered the yang (your offense). Just as important, is to understand how your opponent uses his 12 tools this would be considered the Yin (your defense).

When you learn how to use all 12 weapons your result and efficiency of movement increases, in addition utilizing the 12 weapons gives you a huge advantage because your opponent may not have any clue of the weapon you are about to attack him with, and the element of surprise goes a long way.

Empty hand training is not a substitute for edged weapons or firearms, it is the root of up close and personal combat when weapons malfunction or your primary or secondary weapon is not readily at hand.

Fingernails are another tool. Even if they are quite short, they can do some damage. Fingers in general, actually: a finger in the eye socket could be very effective.

The entire body can be used offensively. Prisoners use their fecal matter offensively by throwing it at people.

The brain is the best weapon [smile].

I must concur with the OP. On a similar note, It is amusing how the recent airline fiasco has prompted "heightened" security in the airports. What these misguided folks in our government don't understand is that a properly trained individual can kill someone without any carry on weapon. Guns and knives make it easier to intimidate & kill people but we are by no means defensless without them.

JMJKD, I believe I've met you at a seminar held at RKPSDTC many years ago.

Yup, Ron is an old friend. folks out here don't really know me,
what's going on? do you still train ? when i saw sig, at first i thought you might have done a seminar with me up at Sigarms, then i realized it was Ron's place down in Waterbury. small world huh? I have been out here trying to encourage some of the folks to train combatives, but not much luck Oh well....:)

If your mind is not trained right it will not correctly direct the body. The mind can be a faulty weapon.....:)

Back
Top Bottom