1985 Walther P5

1985 Walther P5 - found in here in Mass, which is no small task...
New in box - never fired, except in the Ulm, Germany proof house.
In my mind, the P5 is on the very, very short list of finest 9mm pistols ever produced.

IR3EO

Last edited:
fap fap fap.

you should shoot it though, guns aren't meant to be caged up in a safe their entire life. let the peacock spread its wings.

Forgot to mention, Some of these came with 2 barrels that are serial numberred to the frame. One barrel was in 9MM and the second was in .30 Luger. Its a nice feature if you want to shoot in different calibers.

you should shoot it though, guns aren't meant to be caged up in a safe their entire life. let the peacock spread its wings.
No worrys there atilla... Just returned from today's range session. Have a couple-hundred rounds through her already. A tack-driver for sure!

Forgot to mention, Some of these came with 2 barrels that are serial numberred to the frame. One barrel was in 9MM and the second was in .30 Luger. Its a nice feature if you want to shoot in different calibers.
Yeah, I was aware of those 2 barrel sets... I was very lucky, but not THAT lucky...

No worrys there atilla... Just returned from today's range session. Have a couple-hundred rounds through her already. A tack-driver for sure!

Phew... thank god.... I thought you might have been "one of those". [laugh]

Don't let me near the .45 ACP luger, or stuff like that.... I will shoot it. If it doesn't shoot, (or is "too valuable" to be shot) I don't want it.

-Mike

Don't let me near the .45 ACP luger, or stuff like that.... I will shoot it. If it doesn't shoot, (or is "too valuable" to be shot) I don't want it.

-Mike

I agree with you Mike, A gun that doesnt get shot, is just an expensive paperweight.

No, definitely not "one of those!" No disrespect to collectors, but I shoot all of my guns, no matter how pristine they are. No safe queens in my house. Secondly, anyone who owns one of these P5 Walthers and doesn't shoot it, is missing out on a whole other level of accuracy. My P99 AS was extremely accurate; This thing is other-worldly and just feels "right."

That P5 is so freaking nice. I drooled over one real hard in late 1991 (it would have taken my brand new Browning HP and some cash). In late 1995 I got one(LNIB), but I honestly wanted a HK P7M8. In 1997 (while I was away in Okinawa, Japan for a year) my now exwife pawned the P5 on me. Not to fear I got mine back in the end, I alone have had the bitches two kids since 2002.
Anyways my original thought (around 1995-1997) was that I could get by with just HK P7M8 and a preban HK-91 (G3 type) rifle. It was the uber cool German version of the M1911 & M-14 (M1A) combo.

Anyways that P5 was one kick ass 9mm / nice German police pistol.
They all should be that good and at that level of quality.

smitty

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom