1987 era Chinese 7.62X39 Ammo

Hi:
Does anyone know or know where to find information as to whether or not the "ham can" ammo, dated 1987, factory# 31 is corrosive or non-corrosive? I have about 400 rnds. that have been stored in an ammo can since I gave up shooting in the mid 90's. Fired 20 rds. yesterday and they grouped in the 8 ring at 100 yds.(From the bench)
I took the "old" SKS down and swabbed everything with CLP, HOPE THAT IS ENOUGH IF CORROSIVE.

TIA
Arnaki

It will have what is called mildly corrosive primers. [ Chlorate, which is a form of salt.] Hot soapy water, Windex, or black powder solvents will take care of it, then finish with Hoppe's or Kroil to preserve. I use Kroil & Break Free for everything.

Save that ammo and buy some new surplus or commercial. Chinese ammo is highly collectible these days because of that douchebag Clinton saying NO MORE IMPORTATION!
That means what is here is here and and thats it. I'm pretty sure its steel core with corrosive primers and sure fire in any SKS type rifle. I'm saving all mine in case SHTF.[wink]

It will have what is called mildly corrosive primers. [ Chlorate, which is a form of salt.] Hot soapy water, Windex, or black powder solvents will take care of it, then finish with Hoppe's or Kroil to preserve. I use Kroil & Break Free for everything.

+1 rep added.

Back
Top Bottom