2 Gun Shoot Nauset Rod and Gun 3/20/2011

There will be a 2 gun (pistol and shotgun) shoot on Sunday March 20 at NR&G in Eastham, MA. 4 stages... 50 slugs... 75 bird shot.... 100 pistol rounds..
Shotgun at Steel 95 yards... Tactical Skeet......and a lot more cool stuff
Check out all the info at www.nausetrodandgun.com
or call Rupert (508) 487-3027

Do you know what is the highest round count stage? Trying to figure out if need to grab an other caddy or 2. Also, is there a magazine capacity limit?

What kind of targets at 95 yards with slug? Steel shot for skeet? I understand that some ranges require non toxic shot. Will steel ammo be available for purchase?

No rules for shotguns. Anything that's legal in MA is fine. Highest shotgun round count per stage; about 35. The 95 yard shot will be shotgun on steel poppers and or plates. No magazine restrictions as long as it's legal for you to own in MA.
As the website states, we will supply steel shot and bio birds for the Skeet stage, or we will supply a shotgun and shot if you don't want to shoot steel in your gun.
Hope to see you all there, it will be fun; we promise you.....

No rules for shotguns. Anything that's legal in MA is fine. Highest shotgun round count per stage; about 35. The 95 yard shot will be shotgun on steel poppers and or plates. No magazine restrictions as long as it's legal for you to own in MA.
As the website states, we will supply steel shot and bio birds for the Skeet stage, or we will supply a shotgun and shot if you don't want to shoot steel in your gun.
Hope to see you all there, it will be fun; we promise you.....

Just caught that lol that should keep the Saiga 10 round mags home so the rest of us have a chance [laugh]

For some reason I thought a 10 round mag was leagl in mass for rife or shotgun , please school me , new to the shotgun end , just bought an evil Saiga 12 : )

Only have one 5 rounder mag, man more suff to buy lol

I spoke with Rupert, and the slug count is not a minimum round count. Also, the long distance for them is only a few rounds. Now, I'm going to be keeping and eye on the weather.
The shotgun stuff will be "loading" stages.[wink]

Thanks I appreciate that , guess I need to get out and buy a bunch of 5 round mags , thanks again

I spoke with Rupert, and the slug count is not a minimum round count. Also, the long distance for them is only a few rounds. Now, I'm going to be keeping and eye on the weather.
The shotgun stuff will be "loading" stages.[wink]

Giggity! See you there?

OOOPS!!

OOOPS!!! Just want to clear some things up. PLEASE bring your Saigas and any darn magazine you want to shove into for the Nauset 2 Gun Match. Mike mispoke in his earlier post and we are very sorry for any confusion. Bring and shoot whatever guns you love. Pistol just needs to be secure in holster for moving while shooting shotgun. It will be an unloaded pistol but it needs to stay in the holster while you are on the move. You know what I'm saying.

The skeet stage is short and sweet. 10 rounds of steel shot that the club will supply (it's included in your match fee.) It's only a few slugs on large poppers from 95 yards. On this course, you will engage more steel with slugs as you move down range. Highest round count (mostly shot) on one stage will be 40 rounds, give or take a few. Lunch is also included in your match fee.

As many of you know, we are a really fun club and this is our first shotgun/pistol match. We are looking forward to a great time and hope to see you. ANY questions, please call Rupert @ 508-487-3027.

I'll try to come back in here in a couple of days to see what else you all have to say.

Lori

Thanks for clearing that up, one more quick question though.

What is the highest stage pistol round count? Trying to figure out how many mags I am going to need on my belt.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up, one more quick question though.

What is the highest stage pistol round count? Trying to figure out how many mags I am going to need on my belt.

Your best bet is plan for the round count of a USPSA stage and just make sure you have enough [wink] Too much info in advance ruins the surprise aspect of the match.

As many of you know, we are a really fun club and this is our first shotgun/pistol match. We are looking forward to a great time and hope to see you. ANY questions, please call Rupert @ 508-487-3027

Things change as the paper and steel hit the ground. Show up and be prepared to be amazed [devil]

The skeet stage is short and sweet. 10 rounds of steel shot that the club will supply (it's included in your match fee.) It's only a few slugs on large poppers from 95 yards. On this course, you will engage more steel with slugs as you move down range. Highest round count (mostly shot) on one stage will be 40 rounds, give or take a few. Lunch is also included in your match fee.
Lori
Lori,
Rupert told me that one stage gives you the option of steel with slugs from a distant position or a closer shooting area with shot for the same targets. Also, that the 50 rounds of slugs was more than enough (he's never seen me with slugs)

So with all the posts/confusion I am lost on capacities. I have a Mossberg 930 that holds 9 in the tube and 16 round pistol mags. I live in CT, am I OK/Legal for this shoot?

Thanks,
David E.

So with all the posts/confusion I am lost on capacities. I have a Mossberg 930 that holds 9 in the tube and 16 round pistol mags. I live in CT, am I OK/Legal for this shoot?
If your pistol magazines and shotgun magazine tube are preban (manufactured prior to 9/14/94), then they are legal. If they are not pre-ban, then it would be a felony to bring them here. Yes, MA gun laws suck.

Thanks,
David E.

Also, Its not clear how the divisions will be determined. Tac div may be 8+1 total or 9 only at start, but capacity after the buzzer.

I've heard the tales told by the elders over the camp fire. They had to walk uphill both ways, in the snow just to get the match results sent by the pony express

Dan,

50 slugs is more than enough! And the game plan is to have a near and far shooting position on one stage but both positions will have to be utilized. But what you see on Sunday is what we'll be shooting. Not being fresh, but until it's set up nothing is engraved in stone. You know..."The best layed plans of mice and men..."

Lori

Divisions? Truly! Call Rupert.

Pistol round count? This is Nauset we're talking about. Expect to shoot a lot and have fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom