2 Gun Shoot Nauset Rod and Gun 3/20/2011

You guys are awesome, I had lots of fun today. I also learned a lot from my first shotgun match, I have a lot of practicing to do.

Can't wait for the next match out there.

Thanks to the Nauset crew for the match today. It was a great match. First match with the new equipment and as Ed said, lots of practice to do. Figured out what worked and didn't. Gun worked, I didn't. Just because you can load sorta quick at home, doesn't mean that will happen when the buzzer goes off

Also got to shoot a pistol... with iron sights... been awhile since I did that.

Great fun, worth the long drive

Thanks to the Nauset crew for a fun match! The "Tactical Skeet" was a nice touch! The slugs at distance were not as bad as it could have been[hmmm]
Nice to meet J Green, and see that he really liked his first taste of Freestyle shooting. We may have another convert![smile]

Thanks for coming out to the match! It was a lot of fun and you guys really made it a good time. Thanks for all your help and kind words. Pictures are up on the website and the scores will be up tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. (My crash course in EZ winscore took a couple of days!) We think this will become one of our annual events, along with the Carbine Match in the fall and the Sniper shoot in the winter. Look forward to seeing you all soon. Lori

I will be shooting as much as my budget allows, unfortunately, I have a family thing during the shotgun match at Independence in June.

I am also going to revisit my gear selection, I learned a lot about placement and what doesn't work for me, other then my fingers. [wink]

Ed,
Start shooting more pistol matches too. New Bedford is fairly close to you. It's all about the pressure of competition. Once the buzzer goes, you need to be able to run without a lot of extra thought. If you miss a load, forget it, adapt and go on. Simple practice at the range helps, but, the pressure isn't there. When you want to practice for a match that you know the course of fire, only the first, cold run counts! Just like in a match.
It might be time to warm up the 3 gun noob thread again.

Back
Top Bottom