2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

That happened to me on what was supposed to be my first deer, beautiful 12 point that had to be over 200lbs. I could have died

LOL no shit, I always thought that was hunting myth or something. Never thought they would spring up THAT fast, especially with blood coming out the mouth like that.

LOL no shit, I always thought that was hunting myth or something. Never thought they would spring up THAT fast, especially with blood coming out the mouth like that.

I took a quick shot at what seemed like point blank range with a ithica feather weight using 00 buck, it ran 15ft headlong into a tree and dropped like a stone, I assumed I had killed it, walked over too it pulled out my knife and the damn thing got up as I was bending down only blood I could find was on the tree where he hit, I also found a bit of broken antler where I assume I shot right over his head. Saw him a few days later in the field nearby chasing does.

I took a quick shot at what seemed like point blank range with a ithica feather weight using 00 buck, it ran 15ft headlong into a tree and dropped like a stone, I assumed I had killed it, walked over too it pulled out my knife and the damn thing got up as I was bending down only blood I could find was on the tree where he hit, I also found a bit of broken antler where I assume I shot right over his head. Saw him a few days later in the field nearby chasing does.

[laugh] thats funny. The one in the video is crazy though, there was a clear pool on the ground and everything.

Saw a nice buck last night. Grunted and got him in to 60yds but he wouldn't come closer. He turned around and left. I went out hoping to see him again but nothing was movin all day today.

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=951_1384927962[/video]

Rookie mistake.
You could see where he shot it right behind the jaw high in the neck.
He should have been ready to dispatch deer with another shot as he approached and he should have shot it when it jumped up and hopefully he did. When I am hunting with slugs I keep shooting until I know the deer is down and anchored...

I use this rule... If the eyes are closed, they ARE still alive.
Never seen a dead deer with its eyes closed. When they'er open, they'er dead.

The guys I hunt with poke the deer in the eye with the rifle or kick it in the head with the bow drawn.

Another good sign that they are dead is that the tongue is sticking out. They need to be alive to hold it in.

Wndy out...I'm going to try pushing throught the woods today. Not something I normally do durning archery, but the wet leaves and wind will keep me quiet.

No love out in Bow this morning. No fresh signs either. Still plenty of activity between 10pm and 4am though. Very frustrating.

Came in to warm up and get some Thanksgiving prep done. Debating on a plan for this afternoon.

Fitz

Spent the morning pushing through the woods. Stoped a few times to call...No luck...I did see a few nice rubs and fresh droppings, but no deer to jump. Problem with walking around for 5 hours is that I now found 4 amazing spots I want to hunt pretty badly, I just hate jumping around mid season.

Here I am roughing it after a quick water break....dont judge, you all know you have taken a hunting selfie [laugh]

r9ko.jpg

Last edited:
Nice selfie. I'll admit I've done it once. I skipped the morning. I'm getting ready in a few minutes and will sit til dark. I can't believe how dead it has been. It's so bad I haven't wanted to sit a full day yet.

Bumped the buck I have been after on my way to the stand this afternoon. The wind is in my favor and he's still cruising around the area.

Didn't see any deer today but I found a flock of turkeys hanging out around a corn field. They stuck around for 4 or 5 hours, so I think they live there. Gunna go out on Thanksgiving to try and bag a turkey :)

Brandy new crossbow, cold butt and feet. I'm getting too old for this.. Saw a doe, no permit for the ladies. Wife has a permit but I don't operate that way. I have to look at myself in the mirror when I shave.

After bumping a buck on my way out to stand at 3 this afternoon I waited and was using a doe bleat pretty heavy.I had a pack of does come in followed by the buck I have been after. They stayed around until after dark and kept me hostage in my stand. I could not get a shot at any of them and they were In-between me and my truck. They were aware that I was there because they were snorting and stomping their fee like crazy.

Gotta admit I'm not complaining about blue laws today. I don't wanna be out there any more than I have to. I got the wood stove crankin, my dog layin on me and a bunch of Outdoor channel recorded. Only place I'm going is to check the wood stove.

Gotta admit I'm not complaining about blue laws today. I don't wanna be out there any more than I have to. I got the wood stove crankin, my dog layin on me and a bunch of Outdoor channel recorded. Only place I'm going is to check the wood stove.

Haha I was actually thinking the same thing. I have the Wood stove cranking and it is collllld out there.

This week isn't looking great. I was planning to go out again wednesday, but the weather might be nasty

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Too far out yet for any weather report to be accurate. That rain could get bumped up or back a day yet. I'm hoping we get it on turkey day since I'll be indoors all day anyway.

Too far out yet for any weather report to be accurate. That rain could get bumped up or back a day yet. I'm hoping we get it on turkey day since I'll be indoors all day anyway.

Hey, don't say that... That's my next day out. I'll get the morning at a spot I haven't been in a few weeks so I'm hoping I'll be dragging by mid morning.

Back
Top Bottom