• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Appleseed Events in New Hampshire

Your doing it wrong , your still going to appleseed.
That would have been the smart play. Instead I'm getting the truck inspection done; tomorrow I'll still go to the range. I moved my ticket to April.

I picked up a revolver after work, too, so that's some consolation.

I've started to wonder if vision is one of the chief reasons I don't shoot as well as many guys in the milsurp section. I don't have any real instruction nor do I have close to the level of experience, so that's definitely a factor. But, I shoot two rifles with optics: my 10/22 and a 22-250. With the 22-250 at 100 yards my shots touch each other and I can cloverleaf them fairly regularly. I can't come close to that with irons. So, to some degree, I don't think my technique is extremely poor.

I have a -8.75 eye prescription which is the worst of anyone I know PLUS astigmatism PLUS cross eye dominant. My father's side also has a history of cataracts. So, I feel like I lost the genetic lottery. Nevertheless, my eyes are my eyes, and there's no use whining over something out of my control.

I've never shot a pistol with a dot before, but I kind of wonder how it would go.
You really need to see a Eye Dr who understands shooters needs. Im not up on what the numbers mean. Arms length in everything is blurred. i need +1.50 for work and reading.
Shooting. The rear notch and front post dont come into focus with out help. I use from +.25 to +.75 depending on target distance.
At 600 if i use +.75 i get a little seasick/headache feeling trying to see down range. The bull is getting harder to see all together.
I use Dr. Ginsberg of Natick Eye Associates. Hes here on nes and a shooter.

I'm sorry we had to do that. We stretch to every possible extreme to make sure events go through as planned. But the situation here was unavoidable.

Whichever one we do next will be my first in NH. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Question for all y' all who have women in your family - What would be your womenfolks' interest in a Ladyseed?

You really need to see a Eye Dr who understands shooters needs. Im not up on what the numbers mean. Arms length in everything is blurred. i need +1.50 for work and reading.
Shooting. The rear notch and front post dont come into focus with out help. I use from +.25 to +.75 depending on target distance.
At 600 if i use +.75 i get a little seasick/headache feeling trying to see down range. The bull is getting harder to see all together.
I use Dr. Ginsberg of Natick Eye Associates. Hes here on nes and a shooter.
I'm actually seeing the eye doc on Tuesday. I was friends with him before he started becoming a doctor (we played basketball together among other things). I'll try to bring up the topic.

I'm actually seeing the eye doc on Tuesday. I was friends with him before he started becoming a doctor (we played basketball together among other things). I'll try to bring up the topic.
You could mock up a length of rod and glue a .050-075" wide " post" on front and your best to do a rear aperture make it the distance between sights as same as or average of your rifles. Bring it with you and explain (if he does not shoot ) with your props what your trying to do.
You and Dr need to find a balance. Between focus on the front sights and seeing well enough down range. He should be placing corrective test lens inbetween your eye and apperture ?

I'm sorry we had to do that. We stretch to every possible extreme to make sure events go through as planned. But the situation here was unavoidable.

Whichever one we do next will be my first in NH. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Question for all y' all who have women in your family - What would be your womenfolks' interest in a Ladyseed?

With this crazy wind I'm kinda glad it was cancelled.

There's another even scheduled for April.....
Yes; had them transfer my ticket to that event. Actually heading over to Pelham in about 10 minutes to setup what would be my backup rifle; I've only put 60 rounds through it. Not a Winterseed, of course, but the wind this weekend would have added an extra difficulty factor.

Looks like the April event's sold out (was going to invite a friend of mine).
Looking forward to it; getting some snacks/powerade this weekend and hoping to do a little more practice this week and next.

Who's running the show up here in NH these days? I have been out of the loop for so long I am not sure I even know anyone anymore, but I have a 4 year old who loves her fancy 10/22, so I am be looking at digging out my patched up coat and coming back around.

Who's running the show up here in NH these days? I have been out of the loop for so long I am not sure I even know anyone anymore, but I have a 4 year old who loves her fancy 10/22, so I am be looking at digging out my patched up coat and coming back around.

Idk who runs NH but the only event scheduled is sold out.

Pelham, NH Appleseed April 27-28, 2019 – Project Appleseed

I requested NH contact info, let's see if anyone responds.

Idk who runs NH but the only event scheduled is sold out.

Pelham, NH Appleseed April 27-28, 2019 – Project Appleseed

I requested NH contact info, let's see if anyone responds.
Based on his replies in this thread, I thought it was Firemanbob.

I'll be at the April Pelham event; I bumped my registration from the canceled Winterseed.

I just heard back from a NH Appleseed instructor and supposedly there are additional events in the works.

Anyone else signed up for Pelham this weekend?
Anyone know exactly where we're supposed to muster?

I'll be there with my sons. I've never been to the club and have no idea where we are supposed to meet up.
You'll want to go in the main gate (there's two parts of the club, one has the utility range and indoor pistol range and cannot access the rest of the club, it has a separate entrance off of the public street).
From the main entrance (I assume someone will be there to let in people that don't have the code), if you keep driving, you'll pass the archery field and trap on your left, and you'll come to the main clubhouse with a parking lot. If you bear right, onto the dirt road, you'll reach the pistol action bays and then then action ranges.

I'm assuming we'll be going to the action range since that's what's listed on the online calendar, but I didn't know if things would start at the clubhouse for paperwork or whatever (this is my first Appleseed).

Calendar says 8:00, my registration email says 8:30, but to arrive a little early.

Looks like there's 2 slots open, someone must've canceled.

Last edited:
Good time. Twice I had 12/13 on the road coats, missed one at 300 (but hit 400 and the shingle) both times.

Elbows raw (padding shooting jacket would have helped), back sore; but I learned a lot and enjoyed it.

I was in the bay to your left this morning.
Nothing as enjoyable as a volley of fire at the beginning of a string
Are you sure? I only had two shooters (and then an instructor/volunteer) to my left, the brothers, and I thought they were from Maine.

From what I hear so far, this weekend's shoot seems to have gone well. I wanted to be there but had to be at work both days. The wife was there to instruct on Saturday. Congratulations to the new Riflemen!

We are working on getting more events scheduled for this year, at various venues. I'm meeting with someone at a new-to-AS club this week.

A shortage of instructors has been an obstacle. I understand that three new Orange Hats stepped up on Saturday - many thanks and I look forward to working with you.

Back
Top Bottom