2024 Fishing Thread

Are you using the rubber o rings for the worms? I find it greatly extends the life of the worm.

Nah. It puts the worm parallel to the hook. They're freaking PINK Senko's.

We went out again this Sat. We wandered around in teh boat. My SIL caught 3-4 - maybe 5-6 but all but 1 was a white bass. He prefers this mini craw b/c it gets bites, but I'll get real fish and he gets pan fish.

Oh, he caught the biggest damned perch I ever saw. 14-15"??? He threw it back before I could measure it. It was HUGE!

Then we went to a run of docks. The smallies were schooled in 3' of water 15' from shore. It was just dumb luck on our part. I cast at a dock, hooked up. As I was reeling, he hooked up.

We doulbed up 3x in a row in a matter of about 5 min. Then the sallies left. :(. Made for a good morning though.

Ordered more pink worms. And white. I'm betting the white does just as well as the pink.

Some days, the Lord knows what you need to do.

Yesterday, I found an old fly rod in the basement, no idea where this came from, seems to be lighter than a 5/6, maybe a 3/4? It was corroded and nasty, but I cleaned it up and found an old Pflueger Medalist reel that had some rotted line on it. I cleaned up the rod, and stripped the reel and cleaned it up. My daughter had driver ed road lessons today, so I went and got some backing and line and leaders and decided I'd try fly fishing again. I really like it, but I just really suck at it.

We got home, and I had to bring my son somewhere, so I had about 2.5 hours to kill, gonna go fishing.

Then I noticed that the grass needed cutting. OK, but I don't have gas, so I went and got some. My mower died on the first pass, I didn't have the throttle high enough and didn't notice, it bogged down and died. I need a new battery, but haven't gotten around to do it yet, so I got the jumper out, and it's dead.

I tried to do the "right thing". Honest.

But all I could do now was go fishing. Didn't catch anything, but it's a better day than cutting grass.

Back
Top Bottom