• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Even the official DHS "Run-Hide-Fight" video says that. Most schools and corporate workplaces use this for training, or some variant of it.

"The first responders on the scene are not there to evacuate, or tend to the injured. They are well trained, and are there to stop the shooter." (Offer not available in Uvalde, Texas.)

View: https://youtu.be/zcnA_Cq_Csk?t=277

That was laughable when I had to take that class it was saying 'everyone' to lockdown in place. You can imagine the response.

Random-killings.png

Here are a few reasons. First, define "psyche eval". Do you mean a meeting with a statistically VERY left leaning professional?

The SAME people who think that a 5 year old can take a "psyche eval" and make the decision to mutilate their genitals?

All psych professionals rely on the DSM5. Psychology is at BEST, highly subjective. Did you know there is not an OBJECTIVE test for a single diagnosis? Not one.

Everything is based on scale, interpretations, and self reporting.

Say you implement them and all of us fail them because people like @In God We Trust say they would defend their children. You know what would happen? The people with money would appeal it and hire independent evaluators - just like expert witnesses.

Depp had a forensic phsycoligist evaluate Heard thoroughly. It was court mandated. Dr. Shannon Curry. She was great. Her report took more than 13 hours of one on one discussion, dozens more of test taking, and all for the meager fee of somewhere between $100-200k (she hadn't updated her billing as of the other day.)

Did you know up to 40% of American adults are on some form of psyche med? This includes anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, adhd meds, etc. Do you think anyone who has ever taken a Xanax should be denied?

You may be thinking "logically", but you're not taking it to its logical conclusion and working through the issue in a real world context.

We have a CULTURE issue. Look at Israel. Every 18 year old is handed a government provided automatic rifle which they must keep on them 24/7 - including bringing it to school since most are seniors in high school.

They have had ZERO school shootings in 75 years.... despite 500k people walking around with automatic weapons. Why people don't bring this up more is surprising.

You are feeding the troll.

Please stop. All of you. Seriously.

A fed troll’s goal is division and identification of the weak and susceptible in the community, who are then singled out and targeted for destruction and conversion, reinsertion as agents of disruption.

He hates you and wants you dead or enslaved.

Can a man heap burning coals on his lap and not be burned?

You’re playing with fire.
In this case, I don't entirely agree because I have spoken to him many times in DMs.

Education and working through the Socratic method is important. No, it won't change the mind of a legitimate troll or brainwashed leftist, BUT, it can help change the minds of other people reading thinking "maybe X isn't a bad idea and we can meet halfway."

If we simply mark everyone who is misinformed a troll instead of engaging in a rational and non vitriolic manner then the argument turns in to "but my rights" vs. "but think of the children."

We need MORE conversation, not less. Not quips and smart remarks, but actually working through an issue and starting to chip away, bit by bit.
It is now more important than ever.

ETA: whether he actually believes what he says or not is irrelevant. There are plenty of people - and we all know them - who DO believe it. We will all be hearing equally preposterous notions in the coming months from people who DO hate us. It is the people in the middle that matter.

Last edited:
In this case, I don't entirely agree because I have spoken to him many times in DMs.

Education and working through the Socratic method is important. No, it won't change the mind of a legitimate troll or brainwashed leftist, BUT, it can help change the minds of other people reading thinking "maybe X isn't a bad idea and we can meet halfway."

If we simply mark everyone who is misinformed a troll instead of engaging in a rational and non vitriolic manner then the argument turns in to "but my rights" vs. "but think of the children."

We need MORE conversation, not less. Not quips and smart remarks, but actually working through an issue and starting to chip away, bit by bit.

ETA: whether he actually believes what he says or not is irrelevant. There are plenty of people - and we all know them - who DO believe it. We will all be hearing equally preposterous notions in the coming months from people who DO hate us. It is the people in the middle that matter.
Sorry but i think you're naive. The country is filled with people who continue to think JB is doing a superior job than Trump despite catagorical direct evidence often that impacts them. Discussion with them, like gun control advocates, about facts is just wasted air.

Great thread… just been busy trying to put fuel in my tank and food on the table to follow it completely..

Thank you Joe Biden, I’m sure you’ll be just as successful with your gun grab as you have been with everything else .You f***ing fool.

Having a psych evaluation should occur when you’re obtaining an object that has the capability to immediately take a life.
Voting is not on that scale, so it shouldn’t require it. You should only need to be a citizen to vote.
So now we need the definition of immediately. What percentage of the time? Duration before expiration.
By your point, hammers, all knives (including kitchen knives) hatchets, bricks, shovels, wood chippers, lawn mowers, cars, and glass bottles all mush require psych evals!

Those items are responsible for more deaths in a year than AR-15s have in the last ten. By .... Several orders of magnitude.

Are you proposing annual, quarterly, monthly or incidentsal-to-purchsse evals? Will they be covered by insurance? Free?

How will you intend for this eval system and registry of dangerous objects to be created, monitored and evaluated?

Dude he’s a f***in troublemaker and a troll. There is nothing funny or even remotely debatable about his posts.

Having a psych evaluation should occur when you’re obtaining an object that has the capability to immediately take a life.
Voting is not on that scale, so it shouldn’t require it. You should only need to be a citizen to vote.
What if your voting on abortion? Or the death penalty? Or physician assisted suicide? What if it’s a vote for physician assisted suicide for children? Why not a psych evaluation? Why not limit people from voting in such circumstances?

You are feeding the troll.

Please stop. All of you. Seriously.

A fed troll’s goal is division and identification of the weak and susceptible in the community, who are then singled out and targeted for destruction and conversion, reinsertion as agents of disruption.

He hates you and wants you dead or enslaved.

Can a man heap burning coals on his lap and not be burned?

You’re playing with fire.
After just a handful of posts it’s just a paid provocateur. They’re getting part d to make posts. Just lock the thread and the commentary will disappear.

You don't stop for shit in an active shooter. It was drilled into us to avoid people trying to grab us for help, kids screaming 'help me', you keep going. This is why everyone, myself included, was looking for the 'why' they stopped. You don't stop until the threat is gone.

Edit: At most you try and gather intel from people able to talk. How many, last seen, quick then move on.
Yes, I’m sure not SOP, for a good reason. But I’ve trained with a local SoNH PD that carries throw kits into active shooter drills. Now that I think of it, that was the 2nd/3rd responding units with the throw kits, while the 1st goes in ASAP. In every scenario, the LEO with the throw kits stayed on gun and passed screaming victims - I think the throw kits were an unwelcome add-on by some policymaker. In 2021, I trained with a ME regional SWAT that had their medic in the entry stack for active shooters with throw kits. The medic didn’t stop for shit - they were there for the team, not the victims. Vendors make the kits so admins figure they are needed. Some vendors started calling them Warm Zone Active Shooter kits.

2A5390C3-D456-4C1B-974B-0252E661A7A5.jpeg

Last edited:
After just a handful of posts it’s just a paid provocateur. They’re getting part d to make posts. Just lock the thread and the commentary will disappear.
!?!?! The reason people are paid to troll is to derail threads. I'm tempted to say this guy has done a masterful job, but really it's just NES making it easy for him. Again. Theyll never learn to just ignore and they'll go away.

What we really need is a sticky regarding how to handle trolls and a temp ban on the members who engage with them.

It probably took them more than 78 minutes to suit up, and get all lined up to take the photo :

Screen-Shot-2022-05-29-at-6.47.16-PM.png
not false. I cant imagine those cops sticking around in that PD for much longer. I wouldnt be surprised to see them all transfer to other areas of the country. I cant imagine the community being too happy with them at the moment.

Border Patrol took the shot. It'll be investigated 20 ways to Sunday.

Ok guys. A few years ago I got banned from the un-official BP website. I went on bended knee, said I'd be a good boy this time if they let me back in.

Hat guy, was the shield holder.
Big ass Hispanic dude took the shot is what seems to be the case.

Just dudes telling stories, so take it for what it's worth. But it's normally a pretty good source.

Oh yeah, if I could post that string over here, you'd be amazed how similar it is to this one.
If it turns out they told the IC to pound sand and went on their own do you think there will be repercussions ?

One huge issue going forward may be parents rushing the school when these occur. Police inaction seems to be a popular theme this time around. The next shooting may end up with cops inside a building trying to find the shooter with dozens of parents running up and down the halls.
If the cops are loitering around outside it shouldn't be an issue .

WRT the Biden meeting with LEOs, the last thing his people want is to have a photo op with un-vetted LEOs that might be hung out to twist in the breeze for failure to engage. The optics would be horrible - little downside to snubbing the brave LEOs who did their jobs.

Those who did their jobs likely didn’t expect accolades, but to be disinvited is insulting. They’ll probably have some quiet ceremony where the Governor awards citations later. If there were and Biden/Dem voters among the LEOs, I’d expect a few to switch parties.

I disagree .
Why lock an informative thread over one trolling D-bag ?
Kick his ass to the curb.
To quote Schriv "You validate what you tolerate."
Trust me , you don't want a flood of DU trolls in here.
Look at general discussion over at ARF and you'll see what I mean.

WRT the Uvalde shooter being a CIA plant, I was at a religious event Sunday morning and they did an impromptu memorial for the 35 killed in Buffalo & Uvalde. Those present were asked to volunteer grief & prayers and one person spoke of evil, assuming the Uvalde shooter was a White Supremacist targeting Brown kids. Everyone sort of shuffled around a bit and the leader just mentioned that the Uvalde mass shooting didn’t appear to have that element involved.

As they say, nature abhors a vacuum. Lacking information to the contrary, lots of possibilities rush in to fill the void.

I disagree .
Why lock an informative thread over one trolling D-bag ?
Kick his ass to the curb.
To quote Schriv "You validate what you tolerate."
Trust me , you don't want a flood of DU trolls in here.
Look at general discussion over at ARF and you'll see what I mean.
I find it hysterical that the same ppl on here that engage with these trolls are the same ones that are demanding the trolls should be banned. U can’t make this shit up

There also seem to be some legitimate questions around shit like - where did he get $$ for the Daniel Defense rifle(s) that he used? Is that actually true? I don't know . I DO however know - that DD stuff isn't cheap. I'd buy one myself - but typically go for something lower priced because the price on DD stuff is pretty steep. So from that perspective I think WTF - where did some kid who works at Wendys get that kind of cash.

I've seen this sentiment a lot.

I watched the X-Files during the '90s; loved it. One of my main takeaways, as someone working for the government at the time, was that there was no way any of those plots could ever work because generally, the government is too incompetent to keep that kind of a secret for that long.

I still think the government is neither smart enough nor flexible enough nor imaginative enough to think of and successfully execute these kinds of false flags.

But I could be wrong, and let's say I am. IF the .gov is sharp enough to run so many of these, and IF they're clever enough to avoid the kinds of smoking guns that would make their involvement obvious, then WHY would they be so stupid as to make such an obvious error as providing top of the line DD weaponry to a shooter when they know full well the gun-totin' public is going to wonder about it?

Posters here have already told us firsthand that they were able to save plenty of money from their HS jobs. Why dismiss them and instead gravitate away from Occam's Razor? Either the government is smart, or it's dumb. Pick one, not both.

There also seem to be some legitimate questions around shit like - where did he get $$ for the Daniel Defense rifle(s) that he used? Is that actually true? I don't know . I DO however know - that DD stuff isn't cheap. I'd buy one myself - but typically go for something lower priced because the price on DD stuff is pretty steep. So from that perspective I think WTF - where did some kid who works at Wendys get that kind of cash.

But I could be wrong, and let's say I am. IF the .gov is sharp enough to run so many of these, and IF they're clever enough to avoid the kinds of smoking guns that would make their involvement obvious, then WHY would they be so stupid as to make such an obvious error as providing top of the line DD weaponry to a shooter when they know full well the gun-totin' public is going to wonder about it?
In my experience, the poors have a shocking amount of disposable income. The average suburbanite/rural person would be dumbfounded. Here's an experiment. Take a drive through whatever big dump city is closest to you. Take note of the cars you see parked there. Even the ones that arent luxury brands are newer models.

Housing, food, utilities, medical, education are all paid for. Work just enough so that you dont blow that up. Make a few dollars on the side and there's your DD. The feds may or may not be involved in many of these incidents, but an expensive rifle is not the smoking gun many think it is.

Back
Top Bottom