• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

1654429016850.png

If there is one thing that this Uvalde shooting has proven unequivocally, it is that a gun in your hand is more useful than a whole police department on the other end of a phone.

NEVER, EVER, ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DISARMED BY ANYONE, ESPECIALLY GOVERNMENT.

Last edited:
I saw this reported once before early

I expect there will be some voluntary and involuntary retirements in local popo in coming days and weeks....and I expect that a great many parents arent going to accept the "I was just following orders" bullshit
The atmosphere must be a little tense right now between the townsfolk and the PD to put it mildly.

There's another side to this, though: any teacher can tell you about "those kids," the ones everyone watches out of the corner of their eye because every adult in the building knows, just knows, that they're going to bring a gun in and shoot up the place.

And they never do.

People just aren't as accurate as they think they are when trying to predict who'll do this and who won't. I count myself in that.
You're never going to know which ones were never going to do it in the first place or didn't because they couldn't get their hands on a gun either.

The left thinks that everybody is a special flower. I suppose there is an "innocent" explanation for this way of looking at humanity , in that if you concede to the fact that some people are just "bad", maybe right from birth - it breaks apart the worldview of the left which revolves around completely ignoring all sorts of other inconvenient facts about humanity. Namely , men are not women, some people are smarter than others, some people are more physically capable than others, there is differences in behavior - and therefore outcome - between the different races ....... etc. In other words: the left would have to concede to the a lot of the points made by "conservatives" and/or nationalists. And therefore a lot of the liberal / clown-world bullet points that they use to rule over us - suddenly become moot.

The other way of looking at this is that they are simply evil and are actively pushing evil. I have to admit that at times I feel like Occam's Razor should apply here, and the whole "they're just evil and doing the devil's work" should be sufficient to explain what they are doing.
I believe in evil , I've seen it in people.
Not every action people take can be explained away by mental illness.

View attachment 623450

If there is one thing that this Uvalde shooting has proven unequivocally, it is that a gun in your hand is more useful than a whole police department on the other end of a phone.

NEVER, EVER, ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DISARMED BY ANYONE, ESPECIALLY GOVERNMENT.

These are the same bozos who will bust your door down and kill everyone in the house, the dog, the cat and probably shoot up the aquarium full of goldfish just to get their hands on a single pistol from a red flag law. F*** these puppet wannabe operators. They're so tacticool that they're working themselves out of a job.

These are the same bozos who will bust your door down and kill everyone in the house, the dog, the cat and probably shoot up the aquarium full of goldfish just to get their hands on a single pistol from a red flag law. F*** these puppet wannabe operators. They're so tacticool that they're working themselves out of a job.
No where near as fun when lead is flying in two directions.

Any cop in that city must be walking on eggshells right now. Why they are not being charged at this point is the crime here.

I'd much rather they wait and get airtight indictments before they move. Those cops aren't going anywhere. Let them walk on eggshells.

In this particular incident? There'd be nothing worse for that community than prosecuting these cops and having them get acquitted because they charged too quickly or incorrectly. We're already in change-of-venue territory, probably, though it's hard to see how they'll be able to get an unbiased jury regardless.

Maybe the surviving relatives will take care of the problem. Who knows?

My cousin was a long time Social Worker in Southbridge and the story of crap he saw was just heartbreaking. He finally gave up and quit a few years back. He said nobody was interested in changing anything to help. He got to the point where he felt he couldn’t help anyone due to policy, lack of support and no infrastructure to help these people. It was like putting a dirty band-aide on a bleeding wound. I could see how it affected him feeling that useless. There are good people out there willing to help but there is no help to give

My cousin was a long time Social Worker in Southbridge and the story of crap he saw was just heartbreaking. He finally gave up and quit a few years back. He said nobody was interested in changing anything to help. He got to the point where he felt he couldn’t help anyone due to policy, lack of support and no infrastructure to help these people. It was like putting a dirty band-aide on a bleeding wound. I could see how it affected him feeling that useless. There are good people out there willing to help but there is no help to give
There are some jobs I could never do. That’s one of them.

Any cop in that city must be walking on eggshells right now. Why they are not being charged at this point is the crime here.
I doubt any criminal charges will come out of it. I doubt anyone is even going to lose their job. How they will ever walk and meet the eyes of anyone in the town is beyond me.

The problem is what 'crime' did those cops commit? If there is a crime, how do you prove it beyond reasonable doubt? I did a search for Texas law of malfeasance, misfeasance, and nonfeasance. Nothing turned up. Maybe you can shoe horn another law, but is that a good thing?

I've worked with cowards before, the only thing that dealt with them was the rest of us refusing to work with them. Eventually, they just went away. I'm not sure how that works when it's pretty much an entire department.

I'd much rather they wait and get airtight indictments before they move. Those cops aren't going anywhere. Let them walk on eggshells.
While there is intense political pressure to bring criminal charges, I doubt any indictment will be "airtight." The only criminal charge I can see which fits is criminal negligence. Criminal Negligence based on inaction is a hard case to prove, and successful prosecutions are typically based on the failure to fulfill a statutory duty such as failing to install a smoke detector. Texas law does impose a duty on peace officers to prevent injury "if within his power." But it does not appear to impose a duty to intervene.

So while the cops may have had a moral duty to intervene, and a contractual duty to intervene, it's not clear they committed a criminal act in not doing so.

Last edited:
While there is intense political pressure to bring criminal charges, I doubt any indictment will be "airtight." The only criminal charge I can see which fits is criminal negligence. Criminal Negligence based on inaction is a hard case to prove, and successful prosecutions are typically based on the failure to fulfill a statutory duty such as failing to install a smoke detector. While Texas law does impose a duty on peace officers to prevent injury "if within his power." But it does not appear to impose a duty to intervene.

So while the cops may have had a moral duty to intervene, and a contractual duty to intervene, it's not clear they committed a criminal act in doing so.

Yes.

All the more reason not to arrest and charge them, only to have them released later.

...okay...

Median annual salary around $51k for 80-hour weeks working with marginal populations with scant support? I wouldn't do it. Would you?
Hard pass. Especially the pointlessness of it with no support part.

I’d happily work for peanuts if I didn’t need a lot to live on but the positive impact I could have on peoples lives was substantial.

...okay...
They average 65K and up. Plus overtime. Then there is the forced taxpayer funded boondoggle of detail pay. They pay far less for their heath care benefits than the Taxpayers. Then they get to retire at 55, because they "die" earlier than the average person, a statement that has been de-bunked more times than those who claim they have seen Bigfoot, the pension is exempt from State taxes. They get free heath care until age 65 when they are "supposed" to go on Medicare. Our retired Chief is still going strong after retiring at age 55, only to take another job at a police dept, has collected over a million dollars of Taxpayer money over the last 11 years and ain't done yet. Will likely eventually rake in over 3 million.

Poor they are not. The waiting list for PO is very lengthy. When it isn't, perhaps then total compensation may finally be an issue because right now it ain't.

They average 65K and up. Plus overtime. Then there is the forced taxpayer funded boondoggle of detail pay. They pay far less for their heath care benefits than the Taxpayers. Then they get to retire at 55, because they "die" earlier than the average person, a statement that has been de-bunked more times than those who claim they have seen Bigfoot, the pension is exempt from State taxes. They get free heath care until age 65 when they are "supposed" to go on Medicare. Our retired Chief is still going strong after retiring at age 55, only to take another job at a police dept, has collected over a million dollars of Taxpayer money over the last 11 years and ain't done yet. Will likely eventually rake in over 3 million.

Poor they are not. The waiting list for PO is very lengthy. When it isn't, perhaps then total compensation may finally be an issue because right now it ain't.
Dude.

We’re talking about social workers, not police officers. This all started with this post.

Dude

93 pages and most of it regarding the Uvalde PD....1 or 2 posts about social workers so indeed it was lost on me.

For future reference, this:

It really is completely thankless. The pay is shit, too.

...is not something you'll EVER hear me saying when referencing police officers. Lol.

I already linked the post where it did... I'm a full-service quoter.
I missed it.

As long as we have veered off I'll say this. Read the Harmony Montgomery case. This is the norm for social workers. 80 hrs per week my azz, countless times it has been documented that they fail to even show up the the clients houses, fail to even work a full week.

Certainly you must be well aware of the many documented cases of complete screw up in these social worker departments across the country. MA has has many of them.

I missed it.

As long as we have veered off I'll say this. Read the Harmony Montgomery case. This is the norm for social workers. 80 hrs per week my azz, countless times it has been documented that they fail to even show up the the clients houses, fail to even work a full week.

Certainly you must be well aware of the many documented cases of complete screw up in these social worker departments across the country. MA has has many of them.

Of course.

They're underfunded, overworked, and the pay attracts the least capable.

There are many reasons why the social work system is broken. As I said, I'd never want to work within that structure. I doubt you would, either. It's an impossible job to do well.

Of course.

They're underfunded, overworked, and the pay attracts the least capable.

There are many reasons why the social work system is broken. As I said, I'd never want to work within that structure. I doubt you would, either. It's an impossible job to do well.
You are also aware that since covid in home visits were stopped and nobody was watching anybody or checking anything, all social workers were working from home.

Back
Top Bottom