.22 Pistol Recommendations

564776_3633622608528_1513056523_3244509_2114342346_n.jpg

I'd have to say .22LR Pistol I have ever owned was a Browning Buckmark 5.5 Target (Better Trigger & More Accurate Than Any Ruger I have Ever Owned)

As for a .22LR Revolver Hands Down I'd say a S&W-17 (Blue) or S&W-617 (SS)

Rugers are "nice" But you better become a certified gunsmith to take them apart...

As for a .22LR Revolver Hands Down I'd say a S&W-17 (Blue) or S&W-617 (SS)
Nice grips on that 617. Where'd you get them?

Rugers are "nice" But you better become a certified gunsmith to take them apart...
Horsepuckey. Come to the Steel Challenge Shoot at Harvard today and I'll show you how to pull apart the Mark II and reassemble it. (notice I say nothing about the Mark III...)

I've been looking to get a .22lr pistol as well. I was looking at either the walther p22 or the ruger sr22. anyone have any experience with either of these?

Oh, they are not that bad. I struggled the first time, like everybody, but after a couple of times, it is a piece of cake.

And you can get away with running a boresnake through it most of the time.

I love my Mark III Target. It is the most accurate pistol I own.

Oh, they are not that bad. I struggled the first time, like everybody, but after a couple of times, it is a piece of cake.

And you can get away with running a boresnake through it most of the time.

I love my Mark III Target. It is the most accurate pistol I own.

Well, a boresnake and a toothbrush for the bolt and breech.

Well, a boresnake and a toothbrush for the bolt and breech.

+1. I probably only take my MKIII apart every 1500-2000 rounds, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. If you get a MKIII, just make sure to remove the mag disconnect -- It makes things a lot simpler.

+1. I probably only take my MKIII apart every 1500-2000 rounds, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. If you get a MKIII, just make sure to remove the mag disconnect -- It makes things a lot simpler.

If I had known this, I might still have my Mark III instead of getting rid of it. But hey, I got a really nice bull-barrel Mark II, so I'm good with that.

I'm surprised nonoe has mentioned the S&W Model 41. Thats my favorite Autoloader for .22, and I have one in 5.5 and 7" lengths. I also own and love the S&W K frame revolvers. 617,17,18 and 34 J frame.

I saw AlohaDoug's Mark II with a Tactical Solutions (I think that was the brand!) upper. Fluted barrel... man, it was nice. I believe he mentioned that B&K was a distributor for them.

The 41 is a fine gun but that is a much higher price point - msrp over $1100.

True, but you do run into them lightly used for good deals if your patient. That said , a revolver is always a win win and can be found at good [price points also. Seems that a lot of folks that have an autoloader .22 still end up getting a revolver or vice versa.

I've got a mk3 and love it, but I think maybe a revolver would be a more pleasant experience for him. No slide to manipulate, no need to deal with a magazine with stiff springs, easier to clean and take care of.

I have the Mark III and use it only for Bullseye. It's a big clunky .22. A wretched pita to field strip so he won't want to clean it. Mine had a ton of stovepipes until I had the Volquartsen trigger and extractor package installed.

My plinker .22 is an ISSC m22. It took about 200 mini mags until it started shooting reliably. Now I can go through 100 rounds without any malfunctions. Easy to field strip so cleaning is not a chore.

The new Ruger is supposed be nice too. I would probably get one except I have the ISSC and it is shooting well.

My plinker .22 is an ISSC m22. It took about 200 mini mags until it started shooting reliably. Now I can go through 100 rounds without any malfunctions. Easy to field strip so cleaning is not a chore.

That's it? I don't remember the last time I had a malf with my Mark II, except for the one time that I didn't seat the mag properly - but that was on ME, not the gun. Other than that, it runs, well... like a machine. An amazingly reliable machine.

I've used it at the last three Steel Challenges - 125+ rounds each. No malfs. Used it in my last Basic Pistol class - new shooter - no malfs. It just keeps eating up Federal bulk ammo and spitting it out.

617sale1.jpg

Nice grips on that 617. Where'd you get them?

Horsepuckey. Come to the Steel Challenge Shoot at Harvard today and I'll show you how to pull apart the Mark II and reassemble it. (notice I say nothing about the Mark III...)

Grips Were Custom Ordered From Hogue / Kingwood, Finger Groove, Big Butt, Contrast Cap

Back
Top Bottom