.223 Brass Trim Very Low to Shoot ?

Hello all.Hope someone here can help.
I have trim over 1200 .223 brass most are my once fired brass some are range find.
well look like my lee trimmer got itself a trim too some of the brass are now around 1720s to 1730S [frown] So what to do ?
What should I do Trash this brass or shoot it ?? [hmmm]

Thanks
H

Do you always measure things that far down on the jaws of your caliper? I always measure way out on the tip of the jaws. When you close them, the beveled edges will be parallel and touch. The inner top part of the jaws might not. This would cause the measurement to be less that it actually is. Also, did you zero them before you started and close them with uniform force? I Found this online:

How to use a Vernier caliper.

Before measuring an object, you should push the jaws of the caliper completely closed and confirm that the vernier measures a zero length. If it does not measure zero, a systematic error will be introduced into all your measurements and you should correct all your measurements by this amount. When measuring the length on an object, you should cinch up the jaws onto the object securely and snugly. Your vernier calipers have beveled (angled)edges at the tip of its "jaws". Use these beveled edges to take your length measurements.

Try measuring them again with the case at the tip of the jaws and see if they don't get longer. If you find that they were correctly measured, I think that you are close enough that it is not a problem. I have a little Lee hand trimmer that I use if I am not loading a lot of cases. It comes in on the short side too.
Good luck. White Feather
PS: If you decide to trash it, I will take it. [smile]

The measurement are the some using the tip of the caliper, so no luck here .. I will load and shoot some the the brass to test the water and see ;-) wish me luck [coffee]

My eyes hurt.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Have someone you don't like try them out.
[rofl] I will invite Martha coakley and this jokes here >
images

They'll be safe to shoot, but if your trim lengths are all over the place, I wouldn't expect great accuracy.

Also, unless the short ones are range pickups you need to either get a new trimmer or work on your technique.

Back
Top Bottom