250GR Round flat nose.

I picked up a box of 230gr. Round flat nose at the gun store when I got it home I noticed my old eyes had fooled me again and it was actually 250GR Round flat nose.

There seems to be a lack of reloading information for these. I want to load them using either Unique, blue dot or w231.

I don't have a 45 revolver and have 5 45 semi's that I want to use them in.

Can any one tell if they use these in a Semi and if they do, how they load them?

Or should I just take them back?

Bugs,

Those are probably for a .45 LC, not .45 ACP. I just checked on www.hodgdon.com (They have the load data for both Winchester and Hodgdon powders) and they do not show a .45 ACP load for 250gr bullets.

I saw that data earlier but was some what hesitant to use it because it didn't match the profile of the 250gr lead.

I guess I could use it but I was wondering if that would be a OAL of 230..

I think I will just take them back..

I saw that data earlier but was some what hesitant to use it because it didn't match the profile of the 250gr lead.

I guess I could use it but I was wondering if that would be a OAL of 230..

I think I will just take them back..

Not that anything is wrong with them (I don't know) but I find a bullet a like and use it almost exclusively. No need to dink around with COL, etc, etc.

I just loaded a bunch of 255 flat nose for my Para LDA Carry Model. They fed with 100% reliability for 200 rounds. Because of the radically differnt profile of the flat nose bullet, I had to make a major change in OAL. I found that 1.160 worked best in the Para and think it would be a good starting point.

I used 4.0 gr of WW 231 for 700 fps out of a 3 inch barrel. I think this might be a little on the hot side and suggest 3.5 gr as a starting point. I used WW small pistol primers for standard loads.

I just loaded a bunch of 255 flat nose for my Para LDA Carry Model. They fed with 100% reliability for 200 rounds. Because of the radically differnt profile of the flat nose bullet, I had to make a major change in OAL. I found that 1.160 worked best in the Para and think it would be a good starting point.

I used 4.0 gr of WW 231 for 700 fps out of a 3 inch barrel. I think this might be a little on the hot side and suggest 3.5 gr as a starting point. I used WW small pistol primers for standard loads.

Sorry about that. I used WW large pistol primers for standard and magnum loads.

Back
Top Bottom