3 Gun contest

So what essentially are the ideal guns for a 3 gun competition? Ive seen alot on TV about it, but when it comes out to it, whats the best all around hand gun and shot gun? I already have an AR-15, so i 33 percent of the way there.

Shotguns.
Remington 1100
Benelli M2, field not tactical
FN SLP
Winchester Super X 2

Handguns
STI / SVI
Para Ordnace
Glock
Smith & Wesson M&P

The above are commonly used in the 3 gun matches.

I agree with Dan S with one exception: the 1100 is a much better deal than the rest of the field.

I never said which guns were good or bad deals, only what is commonly used. [wink] I've used the 1100, Benelli M2 and Winchester Super X model 1. All have strengths and weaknesses. Price wise, Gammon is correct, the 1100 is a good buy. For me, the ideal 3 gun shotgun would be a Winchester Super X model 1, that loaded like a Benelli!

Three gun
Pistol any 1911, S&W M&P, any Glock Pistol - 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP Compacts are OK but not recomended
Shot gun you should have 2 shot guns
18 1/2 870 7 round mag
Benelli M1 Super 90 or same with H&K badge 8 round mag this gun should have a light spring so any load wiill cycle
Rifle the only rifle for this is;
AR15 any version except 24" target bench guns, 16" M4 or 16" carbine are the best for this game, 20"s OK and DCM guns are alright.

Three gun
Pistol any 1911, S&W M&P, any Glock Pistol - 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP Compacts are OK but not recomended
Shot gun you should have 2 shot guns
18 1/2 870 7 round mag
Benelli M1 Super 90 or same with H&K badge 8 round mag this gun should have a light spring so any load wiill cycle
Rifle the only rifle for this is;
AR15 any version except 24" target bench guns, 16" M4 or 16" carbine are the best for this game, 20"s OK and DCM guns are alright.

Why two shotguns? I prefer my 1100 with a ten round tube.

Ten round puts you in open class. I don't shoot open class.
Two shot guns incase of a falure. I like to have a pump as a back up and sometimes I just like using a pump. Most LE angencies won't consider an auto. Even in the S&W LE instructor program autos arn't used or trained with for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom