3 Gun Shotgun Choices in MA

I'm building my collection with 3 gun in mind and had my eye on a Mossberg 930 JM, but because it's semi and holds more than 5 rounds, it's considered "high cap" in MA. So I'm wondering what people in MA use. Something with smaller capacity, pump? I'd love some advice/recommendations.

Benelli M2 Field - 21"
Remington Versamax Tactical - 22"
Benelli Super Nova ( heavy metal) - 26"

Dan knows 3-gun! [thumbsup]

I'll also throw the Remington 1100/1187 into the mix. I love mine and it eats just about anything.

Remzilla; old 12 Ga. 1100 with a speed-feed stock set, Tac-Star tube, DMW easy loader carrier release cut back and beveled, 6 round side-saddle, and custom bolt handle machined by my brother in the shape of a bullet. I'm still pissed I lost it on the skeet field some time last year.

Last edited:
The real issue (man-made/nanny state) is whether you run a pistol grip on a semi. Search around NES for details. Otherwise you can run anything that anybody else can run.

The JM is a semi auto with 8 or 9 +1 capacity. I thought semis were limited to 5 round tubes? Have you seen any for sale in MA? If so PM me.

I'll tell you what. I did a 3 gun today, and left my trigger lock key at home. I had to borrow someone's Mossberg 500. The fiber sights were AWESOME. I think it was a shorter barrel than my 28" vent rib, and that was also nice. It was the first time I shot a shotgun since shoulder surgery some years ago, and I was a little nervous. Was no problem, we'll see how it feels tomorrow. By the way, I was very happy with my performance except the pistol on the last round. It just fell apart. Good times! Look for the next one in about a month.

HERE:
Auburn 3 Gun Shoot

Back
Top Bottom