.308 AR LPK install question

StevieP

NES Member
I'm pre-assembling my lower & lpk in advance of getting it finished. Want to make sure everything fits and works together before cerakoting the lower.

Should the safety selector detent be able to go all the way through its hole? It seems there's a bit of what I'd call 'flashing' that's preventing the detent from being pushed by the spring up far enough to where it's fully engaging the safety selector. Only the 'tip' of the detent makes it through the hole.

Is that right or should I ream this hole through?

Well, I seem to have resolved this.

The hole appears to have both a 'step' as well as had some flashing in there. The 'step' keeps the detent from going TOO far (?).

Anyway, I pushed the detent in with a roll pin punch "through" the flashing, and it goes farther than it did before, and the safety selector seems to work better.

It is supposed to have the step in the hole. it keeps the pin from engaging the selector too hard/jamming it. (and I think to keep it from falling out the hole if you remove the selector. I know when I machined my 0% that was a setup step. drill down to the 3/8" hole and then down .xxx as a step.

Back
Top Bottom