357 magnum revolver comparable to S&W 629

Remember, if you feed the 66 a steady diet of .357 the 66 will loosen up. the 686 will take everything you can give it.
The older 66 models with a flat bottom forcing cone will crack with 125 grain mags. Heavier bullet weights are usually not an issue. Smith has remedied this issue with modern model 66s.

Wow. Im not a huge revolver fanatic, but I had no idea there were so many variations in that caliber. Thank you all for the replies

You should really consider getting the movie gun the 629. Most people dont shoot s box of ammo through it every range trip, so you can enjoy commercial ammo without breaking the bank.

There's a nice looking S&W 28 in the classifieds.

Back in HS in the early 80's, there was a company that made plastic models of guns. Like Revell type models that you built. I bought and built the Highway Patrolman. Cool gun. Had all the stampings and everything. It was 100% plastic, though. So plastic grips. And plastic bullets that you could insert into the cylinder.

Desired a real one a lot. . . until Lethal Weapon came out. My love for the wheelgun dropped quickly at that point. LOL

Back
Top Bottom