3rd Annual John Kelly Practical Shooting Match - SUN 7/29/12 @ Harvard SC

Wow, I didn't realize so many NES-folk were there. Sorry I only got to introduce myself to a few of you. Next time I'll hold up a sign or something.

Just got an email with 4 missing score sheets that were found left out on the range. These are not included in the posted results. I'll get those all redone tomorrow. Ugh.

Ok, so the scores have been updated. Some of these missing scores had an impact on the overall results, especially the PPC stage. There was also a couple of other corrections made. All scores reposted and I think they're now all set. But if you see something that looks odd, please let me know.

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/results.htm

Many thanks to John and Donna and Al and... well the list is very long. Lots of great folks in the North East who are so willing to get involved and help out. And good to see so many newer folks giving it a try. Hopefully you found at least one discipline that will get you out to the range more often.

Respectfully,
Dave 'The original MAShooter' Bold

It truly was a fantastic match requiring a tremendous amount of hard work. Thank you very much to everyone. The weather turned out almost perfect. The stages were all fun and challenging. Can't wait for the Walls of Steel in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to find some time for another IDPA match. I know we'll hit a few more Steel Challenges soon. Greg is setting up to get PPC/NRA Action pistol going at Har vard. And I kinda like USPSA too. Thanks to so many volunteers, we are enjoying the Golden Era of action shooting in the Northeast. We have more fun and more matches than we have weekends.

I see the huge amount of work in preparing the John Kelly results, so this probably isn't worth fixing, but Danny's results are under "Limited" and mine are under "Open." It should be the other way around.

Four misplaced score sheets were located and the scores have been updated on both the RGCNB site and the Metro West Tactical IDPA Group's site. This brings the total number of shooters to 74. The Single Stack results had a correction as well. Thanks to Dave Bold for his hard work on scoring.

Congrats to George Couture who had the best time on the Texas Star Side Match w/Shotgun with a time of 8.24 seconds, and, to Dave Ritchie for the best time on the Texas Star Side Match w/Pistol at 11.92 seconds. The course record was set last year by Dave Bold with a time of 6.51 seconds. Dave had that time beat this year, that is if the 9th target (on the Star), which was struck, had decided to fall off rather than just shake, rattle and roll. Dave had to reload to drop that last target but check out the video below to see how quick the run was. Also posted is Metro West Tactical's 5-Gun Master, Gene G (Hipobrow on NES) putting up a sub-10 second run on the star:

Dave Bold (MA Shooter)'s run

Gene G (Hipobrow)'s run

Any plans for this year's match? Please let us know.

This has been a great cross-discipline pistol match in honor of John Kelly's memory.

I miss Gentleman John. [sad2]

ETA: Looks like Metrowest Tactical is running it on June 29, 2013 at Harvard. Link is here.

Last edited:
Any plans for this year's match? Please let us know.

This has been a great cross-discipline pistol match in honor of John Kelly's memory.

I miss Gentleman John. [sad2]

ETA: Looks like Metrowest Tactical is running it on June 29, 2013 at Harvard. Link is here.

Stay tuned... still waiting for some confirmations... hopefully nobody sees the title of this old post and shows up on July 29th by mistake...

Back
Top Bottom