3rd Annual John Kelly Practical Shooting Match - SUN 7/29/12 @ Harvard SC

Hope everyone had fun. I wish I could have been there.
I haven't shot anything this season. Too much work and travel.

Hats off to Mr Kelly. What a great guy and ambassador to the shooting sports.

Hope everyone had fun. I wish I could have been there.
I haven't shot anything this season. Too much work and travel.

Hats off to Mr Kelly. What a great guy and ambassador to the shooting sports.

My sentiments exactly, except I was doing a modified version of the "AC Slater" all weekend.

It was a great match. My thanks to all the folks who worked it, and to the participants who were friendly and patient. The burgers and slush was great, too.

The rain held off, which was nice; just a few sprinkles at the end.

It was good to meet some NES'ers as well.

Great match! Lots of new shooters getting their feet wet and experienced shooters trying out some new disciplines. Thanks to MD John C and all the disciplines that setup and ran stages.

Great match today. Lot's of laughs with good people. Walls of steel was great! As were all the stages. Thanks to everyone who helped put this on.

Thanks for all those who turned out... As we speak Dave Bold is working hard on the scores. When I left the Texas Star side match was still going on - Michael J is going to get us a final tally on the funds raised and I let you know the numbers when I get them.

I had a wonderful time and as always nice seeing friendly faces. An added bonus I was done by 2, plenty of time for the bride and I to go get an early dinner and a icecream. Thanks for all that put their hard work in and making it run smooth.

Definitely a great match. Walls of steel was a ton of fun.

After two days straight working as an SO, my feet are killing me...

Thanks for all those who turned out... As we speak Dave Bold is working hard on the scores. When I left the Texas Star side match was still going on - Michael J is going to get us a final tally on the funds raised and I let you know the numbers when I get them.

Just heard from Michael... The only expense we had was the ammo and clays for the shotgun side match...these items were given to us at cost by the Blue Northern Trading Co. in Ayer and we were allowed to return the ammo we didn't use. After the expenses we raised $1,600 that will be split in half between the American Heart Association and GOAL.

I think between the weather and the fact that we had an IDPA club match at Harvard the day before our count of shooters was down from last year. We will get the final count of the shooters when the scores are done.

The crew from "Walls of Steel" would like to say "Thank You!" to John and Dave and everybody else for their great work in setting up and running todays "John Kelly Memorial Match". We had an awesome time and are proud to be part of this event and honored to be invited back again.

Just as John was, the people we meet at this match are friendly and supportive and are there for the sport. No matter what "discipline" we may prefer, when we all come together like this it is really something special.

Thanks again to everybody from MD to R.O's to scorekeepers to shooters and the "Slush Lady". Best Kielbasa sandwich I have had in a long time!

"Respectfully",

Jim
John
Dave
Cody

My friend and I made the ride up from Carver, It had been a long time since I had done any competition and his first time trying it. He is hooked and I had forgotten how much fun it was. Great shoot, great people and an even greater time. Thanks to all.

Great shoot, great people and an even greater time. Thanks to all.

This. The organizers, SOs, the COFs, the competitors, and the food were most excellent. I had a chance to see some old friends, meet some new friends, and share my memories of John Kelly with them.

John was watching and smiling. I could feel it. [wink]

We miss you John.

The crew from "Walls of Steel" would like to say "Thank You!" to John and Dave and everybody else for their great work in setting up and running todays "John Kelly Memorial Match". We had an awesome time and are proud to be part of this event and honored to be invited back again.

Just as John was, the people we meet at this match are friendly and supportive and are there for the sport. No matter what "discipline" we may prefer, when we all come together like this it is really something special.

Thanks again to everybody from MD to R.O's to scorekeepers to shooters and the "Slush Lady". Best Kielbasa sandwich I have had in a long time!

"Respectfully",

Jim
John
Dave
Cody

You covered it damn well. What a great time and in the spirit of John Kelly, it was a damn good time. Competitive yet completely fun.

Thanks to all that make these things come together so well!

Thanks to all involved , I had a great time and will definitely get more involved in sport shooting. I was kind of anxious about this but the rso's were very patient with me and made me really comfortable. Nice Job guys

Hey P-14,

What was that chemistry pallendrome, again? "Snot-or-protons"? You can learn the wierdest stuff working a stage, ya' know.

I think we all managed to go home with the same number of holes that we came with. I may have been the worst casualty after a wasp stung me over my left eye and on my right middle finger ("this is is for you, Mr. Wasp") during clean-up. Turns out that there is a nest of the little suckers in the driver's side mirror of the HAS truck! Of course the medics asked me "how much are your eyes normally slanted?" when they gave me the benedryl (sp?) antihistamine tablets.

At least I waited to get home before drinking heavily. Better living thru modern chemistry. [rofl]

A great time had by all, I'm sure.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Hey P-14,

What was that chemistry pallendrome, again? "Snot-or-protons"? You can learn the wierdest stuff working a stage, ya' know.

Exactly. Forwards and backwards it is the same. Just like "Bob." [smile]

Nice meeting you today, Frank. You run a very safe range.

snip

I may have been the worst casualty after a wasp stung me over my left eye and on my right middle finger ("this is is for you, Mr. Wasp") during clean-up. Turns out that there is a nest of the little suckers in the driver's side mirror of the HAS truck! Of course the medics asked me "how much are your eyes normally slanted?" when they gave me the benedryl (sp?) antihistamine tablets.

At least I waited to get home before drinking heavily. Better living thru modern chemistry. [rofl]snip

Frank if I remember correctly and keep in mind I haven't had any Benadryl or beer. When you told me about your post match session with the Wasps, I recall that when I gave you the Benadryl and water, you made that comment about your eyes and then asked if they were pills or suppositories!! Now there is a certain person (AL) who I believe was witness to that!!! LOL [laugh2]

The Kelly 2011 was my introduction to Action Shooting and this year was just as fun as the last!! Thanks to John C, all the Sos/ROs, the people in our squad and everyone else who made this match possible!!!

I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kelly, but judging by the company he kept with the shooters who knew him, he must have been a good man!!

Looking forward to Kelly Match 2013!!!

Thanks to all the staff and SOs! I had a great time embarrassing myself in all sorts of different shooting disciplines today. It was weird not hiding behind walls all day.

Hey SSW1911,

You're probably right about the sequence of events. But if the Benedryls were suppositories, what was the bottle of water for? Lubrication? [smile]

Anyway, thanks for the care and the medical presence on the range. It's always better to have you guys around and not need your services than to need the first aid and not have you around. Hope to see you at the starting box more often.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank (typing with only one eye open this morning)
:cool:

Thank you Dave Bold, the original NES "MAShooter," for your hard work on the results. A link to the results on the Metro West Tactical IDPA Group's webpage may be found by clicking here.

Looks like we had 70 shooters participate in the match plus several volunteers who staffed the match and did not shoot. I think the turnout was fantastic considering the weather forecast. In case you missed it in an earlier post in this thread, after paying for the ammo and clays in the side match we netted $1,600 for charity. Half will go to the American Heart Association and half to GOAL.

On behalf of the Kelly family, thanks to all who participated - especially the staff who put forth the effort to put the match on. Without you this match would never happen.

Regards,
John Catterall
Match Director

I guess practice pays off...Lugnut comes out High Overall on the PPC stage!

LOL. I was reading this and thinking of JKelly laughing at us.

It really was a well run match and I had a complete blast. So good to be involved in a group of such nice people. Thanks again to you, Dave Bold and the rest of the staff that made it out to help.

Back
Top Bottom