• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3rd Annual Women's Instructional Shoot

Thank you to everyone involved.

My wife just called and it sounds like she had fun. Everyone was nice and she got to try lots of guns: she said she didn't like the "BB guns" or the black powder, liked handguns and rifles, and really liked the shotgun as she got to shoot at moving targets [smile]

I think we have a convert [grin]

If possible could someone involved post what firearms the ladies got to shoot so I can show her pictures of them and get her feedback (she isn't that good at describing them).

Thanks.

MarkM said:
If possible could someone involved post what firearms the ladies got to shoot so I can show her pictures of them and get her feedback (she isn't that good at describing them).

Well she came back with a bit of a list with all the rifles identified but she was confused on the handguns.

Good news though: she liked the AR15 so I think we may just have to get her one [smile]

Cross-X said:
SR, stay under cover today -- make Pat change the targets and dodge the raindrops!
Thankfully somebody brought umbrellas, and the men took pity on my poor arm and didn't make me change the targets. Dear Patrick was sent upstairs with the air pistol/rifle guys so he didn't have to worry about the rain.

All in all it was a good group of women and girls. We got only positive feedback, so it seems that everyone enjoyed themselves, even if they did get a little wet and we didn't get to officially run the shotgun range.

Thanks everyone!

MarkM said:
Well she came back with a bit of a list with all the rifles identified but she was confused on the handguns.

Good news though: she liked the AR15 so I think we may just have to get her one [smile]
Yeah I'd be confused on the handguns, too. Paul brought out his custom .357 and .45 for the women to try on steel plate. I don't even know what they are. [laugh]

ps- Mods- you could "unsticky" this thread now. Thanks for putting it up there!

Last edited:
MarkM said:

Thanks.

Excellent!!!!!! [smile]

MarkM said:
Thank you to everyone involved.

My wife just called and it sounds like she had fun. Everyone was nice and she got to try lots of guns: she said she didn't like the "BB guns" or the black powder, liked handguns and rifles, and really liked the shotgun as she got to shoot at moving targets [smile]

Thanks.

I'm glad she had a good time. I'll try to post a complete list of the firearms at the beginning of the week and will be sending a photo link to the Kodak site for all the participants. Since she favored the handguns and rifles in particular, there were:

two AR-15s (stock and modified), two bolt action .22s and a Ruger 10/22
three S&W K frame .22s, a S&W Model 627 w/ red dot and a Colt 1911 A1 w/ red dot

The .22s were for paper and the center fires for falling steel plates.

I'd like to thank everyone who showed up - participants, coaches, instructors, RSOs and those that fed us yummy goodies (Thanks, Marie).

Looks like we may have to do this again next year.
- WIS IV anyone?

Last edited:
I can't find the other thread, but am just wondering if there will be another one of these.

The "Women On Target" class through GOAL at ASC in September is all filled up. GOAL said there is something similar in Haverhill also in September, but that is a bit far...

Thanks.

Edited 8/15/2007 to add:
I found "the other thread": Significant Other LTC Training - April 7th, 10am to 4 pm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom