4-Discipline shoot NEW PRIZES ADDED

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
NEW INFO AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE! ]

Event details and rules are in post 18

Update on the shoot in general:

We have received an awesome level of response from a bunch of very generous donors that want to support the event, and the Second Amendment.

With the "bait" below, I anticipate a large turnout of competitors.

This coming week, a more-or-less final program will be posted, along with a registration procedure.

Please take a look at the Prize list, and see if you want to start practicing! [laugh]

Hell, I was just planning on running the event, but with all that, I might throw my hat in the ring! [rofl]
]

I am in the initial stages of planning a four-discipline shoot

100 yard rifle
Gallery Pistol
Archery
Trap

To be held this summer (July 18), and wanted to gauge interest.

Venue will be Southborough Rod & Gun, Hopkinton, Mass

Since this is a first go-round, we're limiting it to 20 entrants; I am holding 5 spaces for SRGC Members, as the Club will be losing access to its facilities for a morning, so 15 "open" spaces will be available.

Fee will be $40, including all targets, Shotgun ammo (we're non-toxic only), Trophies, and a meal afterwards (hell, we like to eat!)

If you're interested in competing, let me know!

If you're a local gun shop or dealer, and want to donate a prize (ammo, gift cert, piles of cash.....), in exchange for exposure and acclaim, let me know! (PM would be best for this)

If interest seems strong, I'll start a new thread, with full details, payment info, and a sign-up procedure.

Let's DO this! [laugh]

NEW INFO ADDED!

I've sent out a batch of requests for donations and sponsorships to the folks on the NES Dealer section, and have already got positive responses from:

2ndAmmendment Chef
mbz4ever
Burtoni Outdoors
Bayside Blue.
Precision Point Firearms
Neponset Valley Gunsmiths
H-S Trading
B&K Sales
Alpha Concealment
Len2ATraining
Buzzards Bay Tactical
NES / Derek
Mass Firearms School
Langolisandy
TR-Enabling
JMC Arms
EarSafetySystems
Manchester Firing Line
Reds Firearms
Holliston Firearms

Prizes to be offered to the Competitors (so far!):

for the winner a SW shield 9mm and second place HK Vp9 (courtesy of Reds Firearms)

999 rounds of .22 lr (Courtesy of Bayside Blue!)

$50 Gift certificate (Courtesy of B&K Sales)

$50 Gift certificate (Courtesy of Alpha Concealment)

Seat in LenS' Gun Laws Seminar (Courtesy Len2ATraining)

Glock 19/23 IWB and a Shield IWB holster (Courtesy Buzzards Bay Tactical)

1- year New or renewal NES Green membership (Courtesy of Derek)

10 Stripped AR Receivers (Courtesy of Mass Firearms School)

$250 Gift Certificate to TR Enabling (Courtesy of Andrew at TR-Enabling)

Anderson upper and parts kit (Courtesy of JMC Arms)

Rifle Sling (and maybe more) (Courtesy of Langolisandy)

Custom Fit Ear Protection ($65 value) (courtesy of EarSaafetySystems)

Case of shotgun ammo (steel or lead, winner's choice) (Courtesy of Holliston Firearms)

Some of the Donors have had to drop out. The Pistols from Reds Firearms, LenS' class, and the ammo from Holliston are all a definite.

Last edited:
I havent fired trap since I was 17, and its possible I will dislocate my shoulder trying to pull a compound bow back, but id love to try it out. Certainly well worth 40$!

That would be great. My old club had an aggregate sportsman contest at one time, rifle, pistol, skeet, archery and casting.

I'll also throw in some glock promotional items. Still working on adding more to the list to donate. And my business is Seacoast Firearms

Gallery pistol is .22 pistol, one handed, at 50 feet. The 4D shoot will only have the Slow Fire (10 shots in 10 minutes) component. A .22 with non-magnifying (red dot OK) or iron sights are good. Semi-auto or revolver is fine.

Call it a "Fudd" sport - it's harder than it looks ( and I have the average to prove it! [laugh])

Go to the link, and the rules are there (there may my minor variations between NRA and Maspenock's rules, but I know the MHL's....so there. [wink])

http://www.maspenockhgl.com/

OK, It looks like we're ON!

Please read the Program, posted below.

We will open registration Thursday, Jan 29, at 8PM. Registration will be by PM to me (MisterHappy). The first 15 respondents are IN; subsequent entrants will be wait-listed. There are 20 spaces - 5 are being held for Southborough R&GC Members. If fewer than 5 opt in, or if one of the original 15 opt out, the first wait-listed NESer will be contacted, and so on.

Upon registration, payment info will be sent.

The Program is preliminary, and may be changed, though we anticipate nothing major. The Prize list in the OP is tentative (More is promised). Prizes will be spread around, but the Winner will receive a S&W Shield from REDS FIREARMS and a holster.

PLEASE PM ME BEFORE THE REGISTRATION OPENS WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Thanks....now go practice!

New England 4-D Marksmanship Challenge
Hosted by Southborough Rod & Gun Club
Saturday, July 18. 2015
Check-in begins at 8. Range Safety briefing and explanation of course of fire at 8:45. First shots at 9

Course of fire:
Handgun:
.22 Gallery pistol. 10 shots, slow fire (10 shots in 10 minutes) B-2 Target
Rules used by the Maspenock Handgun League will apply
Rifle:
100 yards. Any center-fire rifle; iron sights; offhand, no sling, slow fire.
Current NRA rules will apply
Shotgun:
Trap, one round (25 shots) at 16 yards. Non-toxic shot required (Provided by host, included in entry). Current ATA Rules Apply
Archery:
10 shots (5 at 20 yards, 5 at 30 yards). Any bow, except crossbow; any sights, mechanical release permitted. Target tips only. Targets will be clay targets, mounted on cardboard.

100 maximum points for each discipline. Aggregate score will determine winner. In the event of a tie, a rifle shoot-till- you-miss at 100 yards, using clay targets will decide the winner.
Distribution of prizes will be announced the day of the Event.

Entry Fee: $50 per entrant. This includes ammunition for the Shotgun stage, all targets, and post-event meal

Shooters’ first event will be determined randomly the day of the event. Squadding will be based upon the order in which entrants arrive for check-in. If you wish to be squadded with another individual, you many request this, but it is not guaranteed. All shooters will begin at 9, with 40 minutes allotted for each stage.

Prohibitions:
NO STEEL JACKET OR STEEL CORE AMMO ALLOWED ON THE RIFLE RANGE. All ammo subject to Range Officer inspection.
NO LEAD AMMO ON THE TRAP RANGE. All ammo subject to Range Officer inspection. Steel target ammo in 12 and 20 ga. Is included in the entry.
NO broadhead arrows.

Required equipment: Eye and ear protection. Shotgun, rifle, handgun and bow for each stage. Ammo for Pistol and Rifle stages. Minimum of 5 Arrows (Archery to be fired in two stages of 5 each). Extra rifle ammo is recommended, in case of a shoot-off. Appropriate clothing for the weather. Event will be held regardless of weather, lightning excepted. Loaner equipment may be available with prior request.
Event Management reserves the right to change or modify the Rules up to the time of the first shot.
All Scoring of targets will be performed by Event Management. In the case of a dispute, the decision of the Event Management will be final. Unsafe or disruptive actions will result in expulsion from the Event, with forfeit of Entry fee, and any and all prizes.

Payment is required at time of Registration. Entrants will be Registered in order of entries received. In case of withdrawal of Entrant, refund of Entry fee is at the sole discretion of Event Management. In case of cancellation of the Event, all entries will be refunded. Entrants must be legally eligible to accept prize(s). Some prizes (e.g. firearms) may require separate arrangements with the Donor of the prize for pick-up.

1/22/15 Preliminary; subject to change.

Wow! This blew up since last time I read it. Looking forward to it, already marked my calendar.

[QUOTE]10 Stripped AR Receivers (Courtesy of Mass Firearms School)[/QUOTE]

Overkill from MFS - most impressive.

I was about to kick it back to the top.

Yes, there are slots still available, but It's been my experience with other events that a rush happens at the last minute.

The slots are limited - we cannot go beyond 20 participants - don't snooze!

PM me with any questions.

Back
Top Bottom