.40SW boresnake for a .357 mag cylinder?

Will this fit the cylinder? I have 9mm and .45 bore snakes but the 9 is a bit too small for the cylinder (perfect for the barrel) and the .45 is obviously too big.

Close...
Neck diameter .379 in (9.6 mm)
That would be .4 mm or 2/100ths of an inch too small.

I am not sure if there is enough tolerance in the snake to be able to take up that without bending the tines.

Close...
Neck diameter .379 in (9.6 mm)
That would be .4 mm or 2/100ths of an inch too small.

I am not sure if there is enough tolerance in the snake to be able to take up that without bending the tines.

Thanks. I had checked the dimensions and should have phrased my question to ask if anyone has tried. It sounds like it's worth a go.

I just tried running a .40 cal boresnake through the cylinder of one of my .357s (a model 66) and it worked fine. That's what I'm using from now on. Thanks for the idea.

The .40 will work fine. I had 2 .40 boresnakes and I basically made one of them a 9mm. [laugh]

-Mike

I just tried running a .40 cal boresnake through the cylinder of one of my .357s (a model 66) and it worked fine. That's what I'm using from now on. Thanks for the idea.

Excellent! Thanks for verifying. This will be the only .40 caliber thing I ever buy.[smile]

Will this fit the cylinder? I have 9mm and .45 bore snakes but the 9 is a bit too small for the cylinder (perfect for the barrel) and the .45 is obviously too big.

I use a 375 cal rifle broze brush for 38 Special/357 Mag cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom