• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

7.62x39mm question

Hello, I am looking to buy large amounts of ammo for my ak47 knock off. I'm just wondering what your opinions are on whats the best bang for the buck so to speak. Should I go with millitary surplus stuff, wolf? I'm not looking for great factory rounds, just something that is going to store well for a long period of time and cheap for a large amount of it.

Okay, so did everyone read through that and figure out that I'm stocking up for the worst possible scenario and want to do a lot of plinking in the mean time? Sorry if it was too obvious, but it was dead serious. Please give me your opinions.

I'm in the Fall River area by the way if there are any good shops around here that might have something like what I'm looking for.

If you're gonna store a bunch of it, look into the "sardine can" style packs. Many different manufacturers out there. As for where, i'm not in mASSachusetts, so someone else will most likely be along to help.

BTW, do a search here on this site for TONS of information regarding virtually everything firearm related.

Luck to you.

Most AK's feed well on the cheap stuff. The newer Wolf (Non Laquer) isn't bad for accuracy either. Almost all the shops sell Wolf pretty cheap.

Seth how much are you looking for. I am going to make a order next Monday to feed the AK"s. I am an FFL07SOT and get ammo wholesale. Located in Wareham

Seth how much are you looking for. I am going to make a order next Monday to feed the AK"s. I am an FFL07SOT and get ammo wholesale. Located in Wareham

Possibly up to 2,000 rounds. What type of ammo do you usually get? And is it in sardine cans or boxes?

Thanks.

I'm finding the Brown Bear stuff is pretty good, at least in my Yugo SKS.

My 10 round 100 yard prone target from today's lunch trip to Harvard. God I love TechSights:

100%20yard%20prone.jpg

Sorry if I hijacked that whole thing and was out of line there. I bought a WASR-10 that I'm in desperate need of ammo for, and the way the prices are going would like to do the same.

I would go with either Wolf or Brown Bear. They're both about the same in quality as far as I have found. Brown bear actually tends to be a little cheaper than Wolf also.

Possibly up to 2,000 rounds. What type of ammo do you usually get? And is it in sardine cans or boxes?

Thanks.

I like Silver Bear and Wolf Equally. The more you buy the more you save as shippping is a concern with any heavy purchase. Get a final figure together and I'll shop for the best price. Tcat

I like Silver Bear and Wolf Equally. The more you buy the more you save as shippping is a concern with any heavy purchase. Get a final figure together and I'll shop for the best price. Tcat

2,000 rounds, plus or minus whatever amount of rounds per box, can, whatever puts you over or under would be what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

2,000 rounds, plus or minus whatever amount of rounds per box, can, whatever puts you over or under would be what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Bobkatt : The ammo is sold in cases of 1000. I'll gat back to you with a price per 1000, I will PM the info to you.

If you're gonna store a bunch of it, look into the "sardine can" style packs. Many different manufacturers out there. As for where, i'm not in mASSachusetts, so someone else will most likely be along to help.

BTW, do a search here on this site for TONS of information regarding virtually everything firearm related.

Luck to you.

In addition to this if being stored for long periods make sure it has the sealed primers too. I believe normally the Milspec stuff has them. So far with the Brown Bear that i've bought i've found it has them.

I don't know if I'll catch hell for this but we have new production Wolf at the shop for 230.00 a case of 1000
223 is 130.00 for 500 rounds. We have it in stock for now.

I don't know if I'll catch hell for this but we have new production Wolf at the shop for 230.00 a case of 1000
223 is 130.00 for 500 rounds. We have it in stock for now.

How long is the shelf life on this stuff if you keep it in an ammo can?

I have had and shot ammo from the teens...yes! 1917 to be exact and it fired! it was 30-06 ammo and I shot it last year.
I guess it will keep a good long time unless there is moisture etc...

Ammo lasts a long, long, long time.

I think nothing of shooting the 1950's production bulgarian/romanian ammo I have. As long as you keep it in a relatively dry environment, it will fire when you pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom