• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

9mm - Glock, Walther or Steyr

Yeah, he is kind of right, I CAN get a permit for Mass, but no way NY or Ill, or a couple other states that don't allow CCW at all, and there's always the few states where CCW permits are a joke, since so few can get them (People's Republik of Kommiefornia).

C'mon, Lynne, quit'cher bitchin' [roll]

Sure, we all belong to and support GOAL, working together for a better tomorrow, but things don't completely suck here right now.

Too many Massachusetts gun owners spend too much time wringing their hands and crying about how tough it is here.

It could be far worse. We could be in California, Maryland, Washington D.C., or New York, to name just a few of the tougher states.

Instead of moaning, why not revel in what we can do, enjoying ourselves and our sport while we lobby for more?

We can do alot with what we got.

--Cross

dwarven1 said:
And the laws are worded such that BB guns (and all air pistols) and even SLING SHOTS are considered firearms. (Go ahead and read the laws - I escaped from NJ in 87, so I've read the silly things).

IIRC, the appropriate passage reads something like "whatever uses gunpowder, compressed gas, or elastic to propel a projectile". It's been a while, but that passage stuck in my mind for obvious reasons... I wanted a slingshot!

Had to go to NY to get one... and my Crossman 1322, too. (which a "friend" made off with years ago, alas).

Nickle said:
Yeah, he is kind of right, I CAN get a permit for Mass, but no way NY or Ill, or a couple other states that don't allow CCW at all, and there's always the few states where CCW permits are a joke, since so few can get them (People's Republik of Kommiefornia).

Actually, California is a lot like Massachusetts. On the plus side, you don't need a license just to purchase or possess firearms. On the minus, all firearms are registered (and you pay for the privilege), and their so-called AW ban is even worse than ours. Concealed carry permits are essentially the same -- it all depends where you live -- except that there are no non-resident permits.

Ken

I'll stay living in Vermont for the unseen future. I can't imagine dealing with "Mother, may I?" just to exercise my right to protection.

Needless to say, my house isn't a good one to break into.

You might have a chance to get out, if you do so before the fist fight is over (between the wife and I over WHO gets to deal with you, and with what).

Yeah, I actually do love this state, transplanted Liberals and all.

Cross-X said:
C'mon, Lynne, quit'cher bitchin' [roll]

Cross, dear, don't hold your breath for that. I've been "bitchin" for a long time, and I'll continue to do so as long as there are Reps and Sen's on that hill that keep trying to make OUR life harder and more misterable (rather than the perps), and for as long as we have an AG who writes whatever law he wants to under the guise of consumer protection. And I'll continue "bitchin" because the moment we quiet down, they'll think they're winning....and I will not allow them that comfort. I will give them indigestion at every opportunity that affords itself to me. It's the gun owners who remain quiet whilst ringing their hands that will loose in the end. I don't appreciate "bones" thrown to me to quiet my baying while they plan yet another assult on my rights in a different arena.

Or, (and Ross will appreciate this one), as John Adams said in the musical "1776", "NEVER!" :)

Lynne said:
Cross-X said:
Less kvechin and more shooting, that's what I say!

Well then sweetie, you can shoot and I'll do the bitching for you, how's that? [wink]

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a deal! (You had me hooked from the moment you started callin' me sweetie)

Cross-X said:
Lynne said:
Cross-X said:

Well then sweetie, you can shoot and I'll do the bitching for you, how's that? [wink]

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a deal! (You had me hooked from the moment you started callin' me sweetie)

<blowing a kiss> Done. Just don't quote me and use a [roll] again and I'll happily get cranky for you. [lol]

Cross-X said:
Is it true that Vermont has more cows than people?

I guess I would prefer a cow's politics to those of an unmugged liberal!

Vermont has never had more cows than people, but we used to have more CATTLE than people, and that wasn't but about 50 or so years ago, I've heard. (and yes, possibly in my lifetime).

Lynne is 100% correct,
NEVER QUIT BITCHIN' AT YOUR POLITICIANS, NEVER!

Remember the old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Lynne said:
Cross-X said:
Lynne said:
Cross-X said:

<blowing a kiss> Done. Just don't quote me and use a [roll] again and I'll happily get cranky for you. [lol]

Wimmen!

Just when I think I understand, I get lost all over again.

And, I must say, I am never allowed to have the last word.

Good grief.

--Cross

PS I should get some credit, after all, I did quote you, Lynne, and I didn't use the smiley that you don't appear to like. 8)

Cross-X said:
Lynne said:

Wimmen!

Just when I think I understand, I get lost all over again.

And, I must say, I am never allowed to have the last word.

Good grief.

--Cross

PS I should get some credit, after all, I did quote you, Lynne, and I didn't use the smiley that you don't appear to like. 8)

But dearheart - I blew you a kiss. They don't give you any ones blowing kisses in this menu, and I'm sure if I could find the ones that Type uses, they'd have one blowing a kiss, so I had to improvise. [lol] Now I'll be a very good girl and let you have the last word. [wink]

Lynne said:
But dearheart - I blew you a kiss. They don't give you any ones blowing kisses in this menu, and I'm sure if I could find the ones that Type uses, they'd have one blowing a kiss, so I had to improvise.

I'll never tell - TypeO1313 wouldn't like it.
BFG.gif

Oh great! Ross has them now too! I'm going to find some that I'll understand how to use them to post (keeping in mind I'm somewhat computer illiterate)...you just wait! [evil]

Well guys... you still have so many options in dealing with your issue... your country is just great that so many people here are dreaming to be there...

well I have the luxury of time here... I can still handle everthing here.... and happy bout it! :D

I'll just keep buying some of your good stuffs...

I posted an inquiry in regards to components of Steyr M9 and M-A1. Was asking if these are compatible except for the frame... e.g. barrel, magazine, slide, etc... thanks.

Back
Top Bottom