9th Circuit Strikes down Magazine Restrictions - Breaking

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but if they do allow standard capacity magazines, the rifle still has to be equipped with a "bullet button", right?

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but if they do allow standard capacity magazines, the rifle still has to be equipped with a "bullet button", right?

I don't know, and I hadn't thought of that. But that's what drums are for, surely...;)

Not sure, but the bullet button thing might have been a way around limited magazine capacity by utilizing chargers/stripper clips.

Not sure, but the bullet button thing might have been a way around limited magazine capacity by utilizing chargers/stripper clips.

I don't think so, but IANA California L.

The bullet button sidesteps CA's definition of an "assault weapon" by removing an Evil Killy Feature, the detachable mag. That's a totally separate law than the capacity limit.

Brownell's is out of Pmags.
I had an order in for a ten pack of Gen 2's and received a cancellation notice that they are out of stock. A check of their site shows lots of mags out of stock.
I'd say in a month, nobody will have any mags, between Kalifornians buying up quantities and others adding to stockpiles they'll likely be unobtanium soon.
Yeah #metoo. I had an order for 50 cases of 100.

Clint Smith would be proud
It didn't take a whole lot of AR ownership before I realized that
whatever mags we have ought to be loaded.
They're in a stuff sack hanging from a hook
on the inside of the safe door; closest thing I've got
to a ((grab'n'))go kit for guns.

It didn't take a whole lot of AR ownership before I realized that
whatever mags we have ought to be loaded.
They're in a stuff sack hanging from a hook
on the inside of the safe door; closest thing I've got
to a ((grab'n'))go kit for guns.
Admittedly, I only have most of mine loaded, but I'm getting better.

So, CA didn't file for en banc this morning? They're slacking.
CA has so many issues due to leftist incompetence. Like rolling blackouts because they invested so much on unreliable "green" wind and solar. But i am sure the radical Marxists will get around to it.

{SNIP}... According to CRPA, "final resolution" could take one of four forms: (1) the state allows the Ninth's ruling of last week to stand, and does not appeal; (2) they can petition for a rehearing by the original 3 judge panel; (3) they request an en banc hearing; or (4) they appeal to SCOTUS. They have until August 28th to decide if and how they're moving forward.

So, its Aug 29th - did CA Appeal or challenge the ruling ? File for En Banc hearing ?
Or is 28 Aug not really the deadline ?

Anyone have a status update on this gem ?

Does the CA en-banc appeal automatically place a hold on the existing 9th appellate decision; was a stay granted; or are dealers just running scared?

Does the CA en-banc appeal automatically place a hold on the existing 9th appellate decision; was a stay granted; or are dealers just running scared?

No clue. AKOU posted yesterday on FB that they're refunding thousands of orders and included the YT link.

ETA: I shouldn't have replied with simply "No" above. That's my bad. Not sure how it's playing out other than what AKOU has shared.

It's fairly common for appellants to be granted a stay of an order if they can successfully argue it would cause "irreparable harm". The best example is the case of of a ticket reseller ordered to disclose the source of the tickets. I don't know the final outcome, but a stay was granted because the bell of disclosure could not be unrung if the sellers won their appeal. I would expect that CA would argue "irreparable harm" if the 9th appellate decision was overturned en banc, and they would be right (speaking legally, nor morally) in that the order would have allowed ore mags into CA based on an order that was eventually overturned.

But, what I do not know (can some attorney chime in please???) is if filing the appeal of the appellate decision automagically places that decision on hold.

Back
Top Bottom