A catagory for trading items? Yes, No, Maybe, Shutup Firtree?

I was just thinking about the notion of a
catagory where people would just list the
firearms that they would consider trades
on, but were not explicitly selling.

Example:
I have a Norinco SKS (good condition) and an
M1A with 6 mags and a lot of ammo that I would
consider trading for/towards other rifles, with
a preference for pre-ban AR-15s.

(This may or may not actually be the case for me..)

Thoughts, criticisms, accolades?

F

True but that implies that I am actively looking for a trade, when really
I would just post what I *might* part with and see what anyone offers.
On the classifieds it would get lost in the noise...Just thinking, though...

F

Plus, in the classifides, you HAVE to put in a price. And a lot of times, they are just looking to trade, not sell so they seem to not have a price in mind.

That seems to happen a lot it seems...

"Well, if I must have a price.....one million dollars...or a 2" snubby."

I see where he's coming from...and it would let people just throw stuff out there without getting "the post" if they just want offers, or a trade.

Maybe it could be solved with a rules modification rather than a whole other forum, then? We have a lot of forums...

Firtree: Let's talk about your M1A :)

C-pher said:
Plus, in the classifides, you HAVE to put in a price.

Not so, you only have to provide a price if you are selling an item. You can put WTT in the heading. Just give a "round about" what you are looking for. People replying should list on the forum what there offer is so that not everyone tries to unload their Sigma's at once.[wink]

Example (I do not have this, this is just an Example)

WTT
I have a SW910 in good condition that I would like to trade face to face. I would like to trade for and older wheel gun or milsurp rifle.Located in Bellingham.

Any add that says WTT by itself does not need a price.

If it says WTS/WTT then it needs a price.

The price in the ads protect the buyer and ward of the regular BS from the forum.

Example;
Anyone could put a SW99 and say make me an offer.

Here is what would happen.
1. You will get 3 pages of I'll give ya $1.00, I"ll up it to $10.00
2. The seller is not stupid. They will hold out for the highest price. I offer $450 another person offers $500, they will pick the high bidder. This is not an auction site.

But as stated above it is only needed if WTS is in the add.

Moderator said:
The price in the ads protect the buyer and ward of the regular BS from the forum.

Example;
Anyone could put a SW99 and say make me an offer.

Here is what would happen.
1. You will get 3 pages of I'll give ya $1.00, I"ll up it to $10.00
2. The seller is not stupid. They will hold out for the highest price. I offer $450 another person offers $500, they will pick the high bidder. This is not an auction site.

Hey COOL! nesbay, I love it!

nesbay.jpg

TBP

Last edited:
I think it has some real merit -- lots of folks have a few safe queens they just might want to trade. Such a forum could make for some interesting commerce and get some unwanted guns back into circulation.

So everybody would just put a post in there saying something like "Here's a list of stuff I've got laying around for trade" The key would be it's informal whereas the classifieds listing might be more urgent.

I rescind my previous statement about there being too many forums. I kinda like the idea.

I still think that something like that makes sense...

The classifieds are so busy, things drop off the list pretty quickly.

So, trades seem to fly to the back.

And, I was going through the WTT in the classifieds. You guys were right. Only the WTT/WTS were you guys making people put up a price.

But, pretty much every WTT only had only one or no responses.

Back
Top Bottom