A Glock Switch?

An extensive article about “Glock Switches” conflates the topic with “Ghost Guns”, as though requiring serialized gun parts would address criminals illegally in possession of firearms from illegally converting them into machine guns And illegally shooting others.

”Police in Minneapolis are recovering three times as many switches used in crimes as they did when they first started tracking such devices in 2021. Nationally, the ATF recovered 5,454 switches between 2017 and 2021 — a staggering 570% surge from the previous five-year stretch…

"It's not enthusiasts who want to have a machine gun but can't afford a legal one," Chittum said. "It's criminals who want as much firepower as they can get, and that's part of the danger."

…In court filings, one man's attorney said the devices were referred to as a "cheat code" because they would "guarantee victory over an opponent without an auto sear."

..THE ASCENT IN POPULARITY of pistols modified with switches is overlapping with the use of privately made "ghost guns" — firearms assembled at home from a kit or from 3-D printed materials. They typically lack a serial number, making it exceedingly difficult for police to trace them if they are used in a crime.”

IMG_2517.jpeg

Top comment thread nails it, while others say it’s “access to guns” 😅

IMG_2518.jpeg

We need to flip the narrative.

When we hear people talk about these, we need to do our part to normalize and minimize machine guns used by criminals.

Libtard: "Ermagerd, they've got full semi auto Glocks with those switches, hurr durr"
NESr: "So what? They don't seem to make them more effective, they just make them empty their guns faster. This is better than letting them aim and actually hit people"
Libtard: "But it's full auto"
NESr: "Yawn. Wake me when it gets dangerous"

Let's stop letting people make guns seem dangerous. A guy shot a lot of bullets, BFD.

“Every law enforcement officer who faces it quite frankly is potentially outgunned the second that they open their door. That is a scary thought,” said James Ferguson, the special agent in charge at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco. Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Boston Field Division.“

Frankly, being outgunned has been a complaint from law enforcement for like, forever. That’s one inherent problem with gun regulation wrt law abiding gun owners.

US Attorneys Office eats these cases up. Most get plead out before they sniff a trial and don’t get hit with the full load but 4-5 plus years is pretty normal for a plea . The fines I can’t speak to since most are broke dicks .

It would be fun to find out the "didn't take case" rate, which with the feds is pretty high, but I am going to make a wag most of those plea deals involve multiple charges, too. It's not like theres a short supply of scumbags floating around to make things look good for them.

I remember one year looking up the stat for the # of denials of prohibited persons that attempted to buy a gun, it was something in the 5 digit range. I doubt the feds indicted 50,000 people or whatever it was. This isn't any different. Or like when a Glob reporter, rosenthal, and an unnamed co-conspirator weren't arrested even though they basically admitted to breaking federal law and published it in a newspaper. [rofl]

With ammo prices being what they are, who can afford to feed one of these things?
Yep, and antis love that. I'm sure you've seen some articles and/or posts regarding proposals to tax ammo to death?

Another thing that concerns me is some sort of overall Glock ban until the next gen is rendered incapable of going full auto with a switch.

Terrance Fisher, 28, entered a plea of nolo contendere on February 20 to one count of carrying a pistol without a license and one count of possession of a pistol that was modified to fire automatically.
He was sentenced to 20 years, with eight to serve at the ACI and a 12-year suspended sentence.

After Fisher was apprehended, the object was recovered, a .40 caliber Glock-22 pistol with a laser attachment and a device called an auto sear, which allows the pistol to be fired automatically.

When this incident was reported in April, the cops claimed to have found the Glock "in his possession." Now, they claim that he threw it over a fence, which deftly avoids any pesky illegal search and seizure issues. As for the 8-year sentence, it also appears that it's not this perp's first rodeo.

Last edited:
With ammo prices being what they are, who can afford to feed one of these things?
Well, you can save a lot of money if you never practice. 🤔

Yep, and antis love that. I'm sure you've seen some articles and/or posts regarding proposals to tax ammo to death?
Schroedinger's training, where you simultaneously aren't able to practice at the range due to the cost of ammunition, but are also required to demonstrate a high proficiency with firearms to be able to be licensed.

It may only be a matter of time before the ATF decides that cutting off that bit of plastic is sufficient for the Glock to be considered full auto, absent any other parts or changes - like drilling the third hole on an AR lower makes one an instant felon.
Concur. 26 USC § 5845(b):

"The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person."

Schroedinger's training, where you simultaneously aren't able to practice at the range due to the cost of ammunition, but are also required to demonstrate a high proficiency with firearms to be able to be licensed.
I though that was when your round both hit the X ring and missed until you wend downrange to look.

Back
Top Bottom