A gun range with on-site storage

I do not know of any such range, but I also caution anyone about posting such info on a publicly accessible website. My reason for saying this is because gun clubs/ranges aren't usually staffed 24x7 and (IMNSHO) posting an address where guns can easily be stolen is not really a good thing.

For liability and insurance reasons, I wouldn't expect to find any such places in MA.

If anyone has such info as the OP requests, it might be wiser to PM him/her with that info rather than posting it.

Your best bet would be a commercial range. I tried looking a while back because I am still finishing my studies and live on campus the majority of the time and my parents didn't want a gun at home. I was unable to convince the range where I am a member to let me store a gun or guns there. I didn't look north of Boston so you might have better luck than I, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Thank you guys for the answers. Liability is probably the main reason why they don't permit to store guns in clubs. Some people suggested to try a safe deposit box in a bank.
It looks like there is no law that directly forbids it but I'm still not sure whether it is legal here in Mass.

No law against it, but it's a PITA to do as you can only access it during bank business hours. No need to tell/ask the bank, but if you tell them I'm sure that they will come up with some rule to forbid it.

I did this once or twice before going away on vacation, back when I only had a few guns. [laugh]

BGRA in Boston allows on site storage. They have 24/7 security as the range is also the home of Apha Security.

They used to offer the service... this is the place I asked when I was looking. I was told to ask the manager, I never followed through with this though.

You should follow thru. Their mgrs are really good people and you have nothing to lose.

Thanks guys for the useful information!
I was still inclined to use a bank safe deposit box, but it looks like not so many branches have them together with convenient working hours so may be I'll have to use both options...

Thanks guys for the useful information!
I was still inclined to use a bank safe deposit box, but it looks like not so many branches have them together with convenient working hours so may be I'll have to use both options...

Good trick if you can trundle your long guns in an out of your bank's vault.

Good trick if you can trundle your long guns in an out of your bank's vault.
Nobody says about long guns! I spoke only about handguns, but... Some banks let you rent not a "safe deposit box", but a "safe"(about $1.5 a day), so a folding pistol carbine like KelTec 2000 can fit there

A buddy of mine told me that he stored his F/A mgs in a bank vault (in NH) when he moved to Redmond, WA (he's a 'softie). WA doesn't allow F/A and he wasn't about to give them up.

I know no other details as I never asked. I know that he owns a Ma Deuce, so it must be some impressive "safe deposit box"! [laugh]

Safe deposit boxes should be fine, notwithstanding open hours; every bank I know of will not only not ask what's in it, but they'll actively avoid finding out. Keeps their liability down.

Just for info:
In the bank that I checked 5"x10"x24" box costs about $13 a month, 10"x10"x24" costs about $20 a month, 15"x10"x24" costs $30 a month.
You need to rent it for a year and pay upfront.

They gave a sheet with rules for the box use, but they told me that I don't need to sign under the rules. The rules state that the user shall not store weapons and ammunition in the box(among other items). But the only penalty is that they can dispose the discovered forbidden items if the bank had to forcibly open the box.

There are no ways the bank can open the box under normal conditions, however, except may be if you don't pay your year dues, tehre is a court warrant, etc...

Still I would not store ammunition in the box for a long time as in the case of fire in can explode(also there are sprinkles, of course)

Back
Top Bottom