A helping hand regarding a Ruger and a mag.

Yes MMArtist, I'm a dumbass, thank you. I have a firearm, that I would like back in serviceable working order, without rendering it tore up from hammers and such. I reached out to a group of like minded folks, who might have dealt with a similar scenario for relevant advice. Thank you to those that provided such advice.

Look man I'm not calling you a dumbass directly. What I am saying, and I think most people will agree. Is that anyone who takes a mag and jams it into their gun backwards so hard and so deep that they can't remove it. THEN lacks the problem solving skills to handle that problem on their own. So, they have to go on a public forum and share their shame with 100s of their peers in a desperate attempt to fix it is more than likely a dumbass.

Regrettably that applies to you at this time.

;)

I reached out to a group of like minded folks, who might have dealt with a similar scenario for relevant advice.
well, in our own defense, you've been a member here for 5 years and should know by now what kind of answers to expect when you pose a question to the assembled body. frankly, i'm impressed by the restraint we've shown here, usually they'd be 120 replies by now, 110 of them busting your chops. and there's not! yet.

you have to release that magazine latch. a few people have already told you how to do it, there are a couple of vids on you tube that will show you. 4 days later it's still stuck?

Look man I'm not calling you a dumbass directly. What I am saying, and I think most people will agree. Is that anyone who takes a mag and jams it into their gun backwards so hard and so deep that they can't remove it. THEN lacks the problem solving skills to handle that problem on their own. So, they have to go on a public forum and share their shame with 100s of their peers in a desperate attempt to fix it is more than likely a dumbass.

Regrettably that applies to you at this time.

;)

Shit happens, why are you so butthurt over a dude asking for help fixing his gun on a gun forum?

I can still remember the embarrassing clatter a mag made on the clubhouse floor after I hit the mag release instead of the slide release on an instructor's pistol during handling skill training in Home Firearm Safety class. And I was under no illusion that the little round button was what dropped the slide. I was just so nervous that I pushed the wrong thing. It would be the easiest thing in the world for a range guest or a new owner to jam up a pistol like that.

How many operating operators have started the tip of a mag up the magwell the wrong way during some stupid live action challenge? It's not OP's fault that the skeletal magwell of Ruger standard pistols don't have enough structure to reject backwards mags in the way that heftier framed guns are keyed to prevent it.

Imagine the carnage if 10/22 rotary mags did this. The wails across the Red States at 7:05AM on Christmas morning would drive us insane.

The market for that kewl tool in the YoutUbe video is probably for commercial ranges to un-jam their rental guns. If some range is big enough to have Mk III's in inventory, or has a policy of starting newbs on .22's, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it happens more than once a month.

Back
Top Bottom