A NIB S&W M&P15 for $699?????

Can you have them send 30 round mags to someone in a free state to trade for their pre-bans? WTF would I do with 5 ten round AR mags?

Can you have them send 30 round mags to someone in a free state to trade for their pre-bans? WTF would I do with 5 ten round AR mags?

You get five targets to throw downrange and shoot! [rofl]

I'd be ok with a 10rd for predator hunting since most states in a hunting firearm you can only have 5 rounds, easier to block a 10rd then a 30 and it'd be legal in NY where I have family.

10 round mags are good for 458 socom if you want to go hunting with it.
Also, as was mentioned, if I'm taking an AR out after 'yotes I'd bring 10 rounders.
10 rounders are easier going prone and weigh less.
Resale value is on par with larger mags and there are people buying them, so, you'd have no trouble unloading them and getting something for nothing.
[smile]

Sig, nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone know anything about this company? Done business with them?
I did the usual web search and found mostly positive feedback.

10 round mags are good for 458 socom if you want to go hunting with it.
Also, as was mentioned, if I'm taking an AR out after 'yotes I'd bring 10 rounders.
10 rounders are easier going prone and weigh less.
Resale value is on par with larger mags and there are people buying them, so, you'd have no trouble unloading them and getting something for nothing.
[smile]

Sig, nice find. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone know anything about this company? Done business with them?
I did the usual web search and found mostly positive feedback.

They have an A+ rating on Gunbroker with over 450 sales!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=764113

You are absolutely correct. The 10 round mags more often than not cost more than the 30 rounders.
My order went in last night. I will keep you up to date on the progress.

Last edited:

You'd go to Mass Rifle where they only let you load your mags 5 rounds at a time.

Good price but add quality BUIS or glass and you're still in the $850-1000 range.

I think the same carbine with quad rail and buis(Smith using Troy?) goes for something like $1300.

I'd throw a freefloat and a set of Troys on this and be pretty happily under $1000. Either way, this carbine, as is, I've seen from $799 to $899.

I've seen some sales on YHM BUI sets for $89.99. You'd have a nice carbine just slapping those on. [grin]

So $699 for the rifle, $40 to ship and $40 for the transfer.

You managed to save $20, but didn't support your local store (which we should be doing in MAss, there aren't enough )

Shipping for the rifle is $15 UPS Ground plus I would never pay someone $40 to transfer and until the local guy lowers his prices I buy from the lowest dealer. I don't care where he is located.

So $699 for the rifle, $40 to ship and $40 for the transfer.

You forgot the 6.25% sales tax in MA. That's another $40 someod bucks right there. If the dealer is charging you $40 to ship and the inbound
is charging you $40 for a transfer, you're getting ripped off or paying too much for either.

You managed to save $20, but didn't support your local store (which we should be doing in MAss, there aren't enough )

What if your local store sucks or doesn't have the item you want, or can't get it when you want at a reasonable price?

Usually I try to buy locally first, but it all depends on whether or not they have or can get what I want, and what price they can get it
at.

-Mike

You forgot the 6.25% sales tax in MA. That's another $40 someod bucks right there. If the dealer is charging you $40 to ship and the inbound
is charging you $40 for a transfer, you're getting ripped off or paying too much for either.

What if your local store sucks or doesn't have the item you want, or can't get it when you want at a reasonable price?

Usually I try to buy locally first, but it all depends on whether or not they have or can get what I want, and what price they can get it
at.

-Mike

Plus, the conventional wisdom around here is that MA dealers don't make that much profit off of new gun sales. If a local dealer charges $40 to do a transfer and it takes him 20 minutes to do it, he just made $120/hr of pure profit.

Considering that MA residents pretty much have to buy their handguns through MA dealers (I realize they can be transferred but practically speaking, that's a rarity in this state), I'm not going to feel too bad about buying a long gun out of state to get a good deal.

I think we all see the value of supporting our local shops.
But, a deal's a deal. I know I've done more than my fair share, and, try to keep my transactions at the four shops I like and trust the most. But, the math adds up on this and I'll be taking delivery... $15 shipping/$25 transfer. Still a real good deal when you check local prices on the same carbine. Which would still need buis.

If the AG hadn't clipped off out-of-state ammo sales the locals wouldn't need half of their inventory 'cause we'd all be having it delivered.

I try local first, I also let my local FFL aware of the deal I could get elsewhere. So far I have not needed to deal much as the few new to me local guys are on the ball with prices for the items I have been looking for. I think if you priced out the optics ready S&W @ a few shops you will find it in the same price range?

I guess I'm in the Minority here

I don't care where he is located.

Until there are no more local shops

Buying local and paying inflated prices keeps prices in MA artificially high..You forgot to add MA sales tax into your summary.

Of course when you fill out your Mass tax return you list that as an item you purchased "on line" and pay your tax then. .. right?[wink]

. . . If a local dealer charges $40 to do a transfer and it takes him 20 minutes to do it, he just made $120/hr of pure profit.

Providing he can do 3 an hour every hour every day, that's a good living. But i would assume that it's like my work. Some hours I make a great hourly pay, other hours I make zero. This averages out to an honest living.

Considering that MA residents pretty much have to buy their handguns through MA dealers (I realize they can be transferred but practically speaking, that's a rarity in this state), I'm not going to feel too bad about buying a long gun out of state to get a good deal.

I'm just saying, when all the other costs are factored in, sure you're saving a couple bucks, but not the $100+ that it looks like.

If you (and that's not a specific "you") had a better relationship with your local store (and that could be gained buy buying from them and not online to save a couple bucks and then have them do the transfer. . .I would guess that could leave a "sour taste") maybe saying "Hey______, That MP15 that you're selling is available for $699 from _____. With Shipping and transfer, I'll save about $50; think we can work on that if I buy it from you?

It may work, and could be a win/win for everyone.

(Just for the record, I'm a salesperson, and if a customer told me that he could buy the exact same item from a competitor for less, I'd take a look at it and see if I could match it. Sometimes you can't, but usually there's some wiggle room. That's where you ask the service you provide is worth the extra couple bucks)

...(Just for the record, I'm a salesperson, and if a customer told me that he could buy the exact same item from a competitor for less, I'd take a look at it and see if I could match it. Sometimes you can't, but usually there's some wiggle room. That's where you ask the service you provide is worth the extra couple bucks)
There is the other side to that coin, called being an educated consumer. That allong with a good relationship with your local dealers is a great thing.

Lets face it very few dealers have EXACTLY what you want in stock, so if you have a good relationship, you call them up and say "hey I want a such and such model #123xyz I found em for $XXX, how much can you get me one for?" Dealer hunts around and calls you back, either way it works for you, and the dealer choses thier own "fate" (they order the gun and do a straight sale to you, or they choose to "settle" with just the transfer fee)

PS. if you guys are seriously paying $40 transfer fees for non NFA guns, you need to look around for a new dealer "friend"...

PS. if you guys are seriously paying $40 transfer fees for non NFA guns, you need to look around for a new dealer "friend"...

Between Provincetown and Plymouth you have little option than to bend over and pay $40. Both shops on the Cape charge that. If you know of any other options PLEASE let me know.

I guess I'm in the Minority here

Of course when you fill out your Mass tax return you list that as an item you purchased "on line" and pay your tax then. .. right?[wink]

I do not report any purchases I make on line so I pay no taxes on the items. Plus I rather not waste my time going from shop to shop when I know the best price is a mouse click away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom