Abandoned (?) Car on the Street

Years ago, a buddy found an abandoned (front end damage, no plates) on a street in Brookline. He left a note saying, "If you want to sell the car, I'll give you $50 ($250 in today's money [laugh]) Owner called back, they did the deal, and my buddy called the PD saying, "I'll have it gone in a couple of days."

I helped him get it home; he fixed it up some (he was a Volvo nut) and everyone was happy.

Huh. Never checked the trunk for dead hookers. Oh, well, too late now.

Years ago, a buddy found an abandoned (front end damage, no plates) on a street in Brookline. He left a note saying, "If you want to sell the car, I'll give you $50 ($250 in today's money [laugh]) Owner called back, they did the deal, and my buddy called the PD saying, "I'll have it gone in a couple of days."

I helped him get it home; he fixed it up some (he was a Volvo nut) and everyone was happy.

Always check the trunk for dead hookers

I’m picturing ‘the owner’ as some shmo just walking by, sees the note, calls the number and walks away with 50.00 lol

Guy had the title.

My buddy had a magic touch, for scores like this. He bought a burned-out Volvo, and put in a mis-matched interior, then painted it flat black (that's the type of paint he had) with a brush. The RMV hit him for more tax than he was supposed to pay ($2.50), and he appealed. They honored the appeal, reduced the tax to $2.50 and actually paid him about $3.50 in interest, so he made money on the deal!

Take key, start car, move to some other location and forget about it.

but first, put on tyvek suit and gloves and investigate further. Perhaps you will find something with a big scratch where the serial number used to be, that you can safely bury until the appropriate time presents itself.

Apparently, Johnny Law isn't overly concerned.

we're aces when it comes to minding other people's business but not down when they mind ours.
This reminds me of this gem...

DAMN!!! you found that post.. go back to #26 in this thread. i referenced it, but couldn't find it (or the lost car)

Thats an unsolved mystery only rivaled by the true identity of the Round Robin!!!!

A sibling of mine lived in Times Square for a bit. Her car got stolen soon after moving to there. Years later one winter, she gets a call that her car has been "recovered." It had been buried in a steet side snowbank, in Holyoke. And it still had her registration plates on it.
A friend of mine had his Jeep stolen back in the day. He gets a call one day from a state trooper in Montana where it was found. He thought it was one of us messing with him but it was no joke

Thats an unsolved mystery only rivaled by the true identity of the Round Robin!!!!
I've been told the best way to get the PD to help you out in situations like that is to go "Ugh, ok. I guess I'll go strap on my .357 and go down and figure this out" then hang up.

Someone will go looking for you.

Learned this trick from a friend in Providence when he reported someone in his back yard looking in his garage and basement.

Back
Top Bottom