Action Shotgun Match, October 16th

Hoping to clear the calendar for this. If I register in Pump now, can I change to tactical if I get my new shotgun between now and the match?

Actually, ugh, my pump gun has a uselessly ported barrel.

Jeff, that shouldn't be a problem. What shotgun are you getting? I know you were thinking of the 930. Don't you have the other barrel for you Mossberg, with no ports? PM me.

David,
How was the Pro Am? You can start a thread about it in the General Competitions. Some folks here would be interested.
I'm not sure about the Coast Guard match.

Coast guard match was a good time last year. Some interesting stages, like shooting rifle off a bobbing boat dock.

Just a quick update/info post.
The match will require 150 rounds of ammo, plus more if you want to reshoot the aerial stage when the match is finished. 7 1/2 shot will be a good size to shoot, it's what I will be using. Ammo holders for all but the aerial stage will be needed. As in an earlier post, loading blocks will be available for the aerial stage.

So Dan,

After watching the video on the first page and reading your last post; I get the feeling this match, especially the Ariel stage; will expose that fact that I am a poser shotgun shooter [crying]! Aerial targets! What's up with that, they should all be on the ground and hold perfectly still [rofl]!

You mentioned some equipment above; will you have a muzzle (like the ones they put on mean dogs) available to prevent my cursing from being heard by women and children?

All in good fun, man do I need to learn how to shoot a shotgun!

Can't wait.

David

David,
The match will be fun, to say the least. I don't know about you, but, I learn something at every match. Now if I can only remember some of it!
In regard to the muzzle, I think duct tape will be a good alternative.[laugh]

Count me in! I'll be borrowing my friends Saiga with comp and sights. Guess I'll be shooting open. I agree that those Arial shot are FOR THE BIRDS! REAL Hunters shoot at things BIGGER than themselves!
My app is in the mail...

Open, is Open. Tactical, 8+1, As of now, there are no pumps signed up. We were going to have pump 4+1 so anyone with a stock pump would be okay.
What division are you interested in?

Tactical. I've shot 3gun matches where they required all shotguns to be 4 in the mag, empty chamber for all divisions (not normal) but I wanted to be sure for timer practice :)

Everyone starts loaded to division capacity. I've seen an empty chamber when the shotgun is staged, but, never an underloaded magazine. IDPA clubs, perhaps?

Last edited:
How will the scoring work for this match? I'm assuming it'll be some form of time plus. I'm just curious what the penalties are and if the match will be total time or factored stages.

Time plus, using the option in EZ WinScore. Each stage will be a percentage of the low time. Penalties are as follows, not neutralized +5, procedural +5, miss + 10, did not engage + 15. On the aerial stage, misses will be +5, as a did not neutralized. This is because it is a set sequence, not like you can back up and take another shot.
One stage is a natural terrain style stage, on the outside of the berm, from what Mark told me. And that one is 30 targets.

One stage is a natural terrain style stage, on the outside of the berm, from what Mark told me. And that one is 30 targets.

will I need a GPS or Compass? [rofl]

On the areal stage, if a target is launced and the shooter is reloading, I see the potential for +20 5 for the miss and 15 for not engaging. Correct?

Last edited:
Just +5 for a miss. Mark's match, Mark's rules. This stage doesn't really fit the normal scoring, it's actually a fixed time.
A spotter might be more useful!

Back
Top Bottom