All Quiet in Maine

Now that the Republicans have control of Executive and the Legislative branches of state government, all should be quite in Maine concerning new gun control laws. I don't think we will be making any more trips to Augusta to speak out against some inane law being proposed. At least until the next election.

Last edited:
Firearm ban is on the Portland agenda November 15th.

Paul perhaps you can answer a question for me? In Maine we have the state pre-emption law. Only the state can pass gun laws. So, even if this passes in Portland it would have to pass through Augusta before becoming law. Is that correct?

That is entirely correct. A director of Maine Citizens Against Handgun Violence is also a city councilor and trying to hoodwink the other councilors and Police Chief Craig. 15 people testified against the proposal in committee and two for it and they still voted 2-0 to move the proposal to the full council...

Thanks..... now we know that the number of confirmed idiots who live in Portland currently stands at 2. I suspect their numbers will increase when the full committee votes. It is worth fighting for sure, but the people who are against it can at least be assured that it will most likely not pass in Augusta thanks to all the Mainers who voted last week.

The problem with Portland is, that they see themselves as the mirror of San Francisco.
That is so with gun laws as other well discussed issues.
So any stupid idea from there will be retried in Portland, even if it had be proven unconstitutional.

Sir I disagree. I want ALLOT of noise. I want Maine to honor it's own Constitution IE article 1 section 16. Now we can repeal all the laws we have on the books and get back to the way life should be. I want to see the IFW closed and all employees fired. I want to see ALL the stupid welfare systems from the free food and health care the the free home repair and refrigerators. I want Baldachies health care system crushed. I want property taxes to end ( and before you say there needed if we removed ALL forms of welfare and waste in this state we would have no need of it). I would like to see at least half the people that state employed fired and there jobs eliminated. I would like to see most of the rules regulations and taxes lifted from this state so business would not have to leave to make a profit.

I say no is not the time for quite but the time for LOTS and LOTS of noise. Lets get some change in this state while we have the chance. Now is not the time to be quite we have done what I never thought we would lets make the most of it and set our state back to place we can be proud of. A place where our kids don't have to leave to make a living. One that crushes our older folk's with ultra high property taxes. Removing people from homes there families have owned for 100 or more eyars because they can no longer afford the huge tax bills due to the flatlanders building the expensive homes all over.

Back
Top Bottom