• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Alternate uses for cosmoline?

dcmdon

NES Member
So I just started cleaning the cosmoline off of a Mosin that I've had for years. Its been sitting in the back of the safe waiting to be brought back to life. But thats all another story.

So I've been scraping the really heavy stuff off of it with my drivers license and putting it in a cup. Well, I was thinking today that my boots could use some waterproofing. So I schmeared it on my old hiking boots. It looks like it will work well.

And the smell is awesome.

So . . . has anyone else used cosmoline for something unusual?

No, but I have had someone borrow my Hoppe's and a pistol cleaning rod to clean out a motorcycle exhaust that was choked with carbon. I wouldn't use Cosmoline for anything but guns simply because I don't know if it would hold up on a motorcycle or a car.

Ski wax?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Hair grease... Dig it daddy-o

elvis-presley.jpg

that's the best thing you could think of, or have to use?

Maybe it's his previous one (that expired)... Or he's had it pulled for some reason...

I would have used one of the DD 'gift' cards I have... Then go and use it after just wiping the heavy stuff off of it... Cosmoline 'dirty Sanchez'... [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom