America' Armed-Milford, MA

Hope this isnt a repost so I dont look like a tool, but here ya go.

America's Armed
16 Central St.
Milford, MA 01757
508-473-4976
http://www.aarmed.com/
[email protected]

Hours
Monday 12:00 - 6:00
Tuesday 12:00 - 6:00
Wednesday 12:00 - 6:00
Thursday 5:00 - 8:00
Friday 5:00 - 8:00
Saturday 10:00 - 4:00
Sunday 10:00 - 2:00

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Milford often and have NOT made it down there yet. I'm on their newsletter, but haven't got anything recently either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you're looking for a review...

Picked up some receivers through AA a little bit back, the guys were awesome to work with, you felt at home in the store and they're OK in my book. Take a few minutes, stop by, browse around. Good chance you will not walk out empty handed.

Stopped by earlier last week. They deal in NFA firearms as well.
the prices are OUTRAGEOUS.
$1100 for RRA complete lower?
$550 for used S&W M60?
Upwards of $1000 for compact Glocks?
Nearly $2000 for HK USP?

The staff was nice and polite, but the prices... common.

I've had some good and bad experiences there. Stuff they ordered took WAY too much time to arrive. And one that I had a deposit on arrived after several months and they sold it to someone else by accident.

They also sold me a Sig pistol at a very good price, but it came with only one mag (this is back when Sig included two mags). I called and stopped by multiple times and they were not helpful at all. I just gave up and bought the damn thing.

I like the guys that work there... Eric and Anthony. But I think they are a bit disorganized at the business side of the house.

Having said that I wish them well. But with First Defense Firearms right up the road they will to improve their customer service skills a lot to compete at with Dennis and Shelly.

Best,

Rich

$550 for used S&W M60?
Nearly $2000 for HK USP?

RRA is used by the DEA,so it is worth it.

Only 18 compact Glocks were ever made,so the price reflects the rarity of them.

The USP probably had night sights.

RRA is used by the DEA,so it is worth it.

Only 18 compact Glocks were ever made,so the price reflects the rarity of them.

The USP probably had night sights.

RRA LAR15 complete lower can be had all day for $450-500 at most gun shows, as well as several MA dealers. DEA use has nothing to do with the price.

18 compact Glocks? what are you talking about? There are millions of them.

USP with night sights costs $50-80 more then the one without.

You were joking off course :)

$550 for used S&W M60?
Nearly $2000 for HK USP?

Just a word on some of their prices:

From what I'm told, the RRA lower is a registered pistol lower, NOT a rifle.

As for the high prices, check the tag color on the guns. Many of the insane prices are consignment guns (yellow tags). The AA guys can't help ya there, they just write the number that the seller wants.

Also, don't under estimate the power of negotiation when it comes to the guns AA is selling, either. It never hurts to ask! [Wink]

$550 for used S&W M60?
Nearly $2000 for HK USP?

Just a word on some of their prices:

From what I'm told, the RRA lower is a registered pistol lower, NOT a rifle.

As for the high prices, check the tag color on the guns. Many of the insane prices are consignment guns (yellow tags). The AA guys can't help ya there, they just write the number that the seller wants.

Also, don't under estimate the power of negotiation when it comes to the guns AA is selling, either. It never hurts to ask! [Wink]

Eta. Yes Greg was joking

Also, I deal exclusively with Eric, for what its worth. Go in, tell him Cuda444 sent you and you're from NES.

Stopped in today to pick up my NES lower. Anthony was in and he's a great guy. I appreciate that they did deal on the transfer cost for the group buy.
It's a smaller shop and kind of thin on stock but they will order whatever you may need. Prices didn't seem to be out of whack. I saw a couple Kel Tecs in the case and a new LCR with laser grips for $699.
I ended up buying a box (500) of .22 while there.
It's a bit out of my way but I will be back to make a bigger purchase.

I stopped in there once this year. His prices on ammo was lot higher then the usual places I go. The owner was very friendly and social.

It's an OK place, but overall I find Dennis and Shelly at First Defense a much better place for stock and customer service. Seeing they are only a couple miles apart, it's an easy choice to keep my business at First Defense.

If I really feel like haggling I'll head over to Zenks. At least he's a colorful character and if you haggle enough, you can get a pretty decent price from him. I think he's in it for the haggling enjoyment more then profitability

I can definitely speak for high prices on consignment guns. I called them about a 4" or 6" Colt Anaconda that they listed, and the seller wanted $2500. Before I could even say anything, the man on the phone said "It's a consignment gun, that's why the price is so high. Not much we can do about that, sorry." I definitely feel for them there. I'll still stop by sometime to see what the store's like.

Stopped in today to pick up a P3AT. Nice little shop and great customer service. When I'm in the area I'll definately stop in again.

Picked up a Beretta Bobcat today. Nice little shop, good variety. Got a good enough deal. The help was professional and the paperwork process was quick. Would recommend.

Last edited:
I got my Glock transferred to me there. They were very nice. Prices were high but not astronomical. They aren't incredibly close by but I would go back

Hours
Monday 12:00 - 6:00
Tuesday 12:00 - 6:00
Wednesday 12:00 - 6:00
Thursday 5:00 - 8:00
Friday 5:00 - 8:00
Saturday 10:00 - 4:00
Sunday 10:00 - 2:00

NEW STORE HOURS (From their website, today 9/1/2010):

Monday 11a - 6p
Tuesday 11a - 6p
Wednesday 11a - 6p
Thursday 11a - 7p
Friday 11a - 6p
Saturday 8a - 12p
Sunday Closed

NEW STORE HOURS (From their website, today 9/1/2010):

Monday 11a - 6p
Tuesday 11a - 6p
Wednesday 11a - 6p
Thursday 11a - 7p
Friday 11a - 6p
Saturday 8a - 12p
Sunday Closed

Yeah, drove up from friggin Cape Cod yesterday thinking they opened at noon. Had lunch, headed over around 1230 and was surprised to see the new hours posted. Grab the door with a kool aid smile and a pocket full of cash................LOCKED???? WTF? Rule #1, in order to maintain a business, first try being open when you say you are open. You could have a great store with great prices, but I am a bit jaded after driving that far and the doors being locked without reason. And this isnt the first time this has happened (not to me).

Happened to me twice there as well. I was annoyed and I don't live that far away. I think I'd be livid if I drove up from the cape.

That's a darn shame. I have made it a habit to call gun stores prior to venturing out. I have have pulled on way too many locked door handles. Not saying that you should have called, because you shouldn't have to. Like already stated it is there loss but, it was also your loss of time and gas money.

I had a positive experience buying a gun there. They were friendly even though I arrived pretty much at closing time. If only their prices could be a little lower I would shop there again as I found them very friendly and helpful.

I bought my Stag striped lower here. the price was a little higher than I would find online but then to have it shipped and the FFL fee it would have been the same. The guys were polite and friendly I had a good experience.

Had another positive experience here and saved anywhere from $50-$150 when compared to a few shops north of Boston.

Last edited:
Anyone know if this place is still open. I have driven by during their postedd hours twice in the last week and they were closed/lights off/no signs of life. Nothing on thier website or store indicates an explaination. No answered calls either. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom