• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ames Rifle and Pistol Club

Unfortunately the membership has been warned not to post anything significant to NES.... Would be surprised if anyone would want to raise the Ira of the board and club officers by posting anything here....;- )

Unfortunately the membership has been warned not to post anything significant to NES.... Would be surprised if anyone would want to raise the Ira of the board and club officers by posting anything here....;- )

PMs are fine with me.

[puke2]Who would join a club that tells you not post anything about it. Sounds more like cult or
a club of bum kissers

[puke2]Who would join a club that tells you not post anything about it. Sounds more like cult or
a club of bum kissers

Worse, you do or say something they don't like and you get a "lawyer letter" threatening you and booted out of the club.

Hoping Ira gets booted

Sadly no chance of that happening, he's there for life!

he thread had been dead for 3 months when they threatened me, so I reviewed the thread, removed the thread (I was a mod back then) and notified them that I would not be renewing my dues . . .
So you gave in to terrorism?

Yup, there are other fish in the sea and I found another club where nobody has to watch over their shoulder.

I was referring to taking down a post the club didn't like because they threatened you, not quitting (which is probably what I would have done if a takeover of the club was not practical).

I was referring to taking down a post the club didn't like because they threatened you, not quitting (which is probably what I would have done if a takeover of the club was not practical).

The thread was long dead and had no practical value. I started it with a question and 2 pictures of overgrown grass (up to the bottom of the target). Some got carried away with cute remarks for which the club goons blamed me. It wasn't worth fighting over. When I sent the lawyer/officer my Email telling him I took down the thread and not to bother sending me a renewal, he replied that I should reconsider as I was a valuable member of the club! I kid you not!!! Had he merely asked for me to remove the thread without the threats, I would have done so and not resigned. It's just the way they do business that makes it an unpleasant place to be.

Can't believe anyone in their right mind would even consider that cesspool. Dr. Evil and Fat Bastard still bullying the membership! Some things never change.

There's an open to the public Egg Shoot on June 14th. Decent time for a tour and meet other members.

That would work, but then I would miss the 2nd Monday membership meeting where I have to turn in the membership info..so I would have to wait yet another month!

ira.jpg

Source: http://amesriflepistolclub.com

Has the club gotten any better in the past two years? I heard horror stories from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, they waited quite a while to post that. I think?

Indeed. I was told a few days after his passing. When I looked up his obit, it was telling that there were NO postings in his visitor register except from the funeral home.

- - - Updated - - -

Has the club gotten any better in the past two years? I heard horror stories from before.

No direct knowledge, but I was told by someone (a member) that the current management is no improvement over the past.

Too bad, as the club has a lot of potential. Decent facilities outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always kept my head low and been somewhat asocial, so I can only speak to the facilities and rules improving over time. I avoided Ira and the drama like the plague.

Biggest draw for me is the steel targets all over the 100 yard range. I bring my own target frames. Have zero problems every time I go.

Rob helped me out meeting Michelle a few years back. The handful of members I saw there the weekday mornings I would go were always nice.
Been looking to get back since I moved back to the area.

Can anyone tell me if its true that if my membership has expired, you have to pay the initial fee again on top of the yearly dues? my membership had expired and i never renewed. i loved going to Ames. i was just in a financial bind during the window of renewal. its a shame Ira has passed. Him and I had some great conversations when i would head up there on the weekends.

Can anyone tell me if its true that if my membership has expired, you have to pay the initial fee again on top of the yearly dues? my membership had expired and i never renewed. i loved going to Ames. i was just in a financial bind during the window of renewal. its a shame Ira has passed. Him and I had some great conversations when i would head up there on the weekends.
Send Tim and Rebeka an email or give them a call. Their information is listed here...

http://amesriflepistolclub.com/board.html

Just heard a Stoughton PD radio report that an officer was heading to Ames for a "follow-up". Usually this is related to a past crime. As much as I don't like their admin, the facilities are decent and I do hope that they haven't suffered theft or vandalism issues.

Back
Top Bottom