• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Android Apps for Ham Radio

cockpitbob

NES Member
I just joined the 21st century and retired my 8 year old flip phone and got a Droid. This is all new to me.

I do a little of everything in ham radio: PSK, morse, QRP, DX. What are the popular apps these days?

Congrats on the droid.

I'm new to Ham and still only have the HT I picked up at the CAARA class. But I've got EchoLink & SatTrack on my phone. I would also suggest getting the Amazon App Store: Install Amazon Appstore

Chaser, You must have been in my class at CAARA. What repeaters if any do you use?? I wish all I had was the Baofeng... I got hooked to this Hobby!

Thanks for the tips. Between this thread and my research I'm starting to load up my first smartphone.
* Echolink
* Ionosphere Status (kitmaker)
* SatTrack and AmSat's satellite trackers

I still need to pick a repeater directory and scanner app. There's too many to choose from.

What I really want to do is figure out how to cobble together my SSB QRP rig (MFJ-9420), a SignaLink and my phone running Droid-PSK and do digital modes without the laptop.

Thanks for the tips. Between this thread and my research I'm starting to load up my first smartphone.
* Echolink
* Ionosphere Status (kitmaker)
* SatTrack and AmSat's satellite trackers

I still need to pick a repeater directory and scanner app. There's too many to choose from.

What I really want to do is figure out how to cobble together my SSB QRP rig (MFJ-9420), a SignaLink and my phone running Droid-PSK and do digital modes without the laptop.

Cockpit this is my List: Click on them and it will take you to the Play Store

QRZ

UTC Time

Morse Code Reader

Repeater Directory

Droid PSK

Dark, have you used DroidPSK to Tx or only receive using the phone's mic? What I would really love is an app where I could connect the phone's USB into my SignLink. I would like a silent setup so I don't annoy people around me with the PSK noise. I could probably wire from the phone's headset jack and manually do the PTT but in my googling I haven't found anyone doing that.

Dark, have you used DroidPSK to Tx or only receive using the phone's mic? What I would really love is an app where I could connect the phone's USB into my SignLink. I would like a silent setup so I don't annoy people around me with the PSK noise. I could probably wire from the phone's headset jack and manually do the PTT but in my googling I haven't found anyone doing that.

I have only used it for listening. But I have seen websites that people have hooked it up through a cable. I have not yet got into that.

I have only used it for listening. But I have seen websites that people have hooked it up through a cable. I have not yet got into that.
Thanks. My google fu is stronger this afternoon and I fould the Wolphi-link ($40) and a home-brew design with built-in PPT capability. Damn, and I have important things in need to get done in the evenings[laugh].

Chaser, You must have been in my class at CAARA. What repeaters if any do you use?? I wish all I had was the Baofeng... I got hooked to this Hobby!

it probably was; I was sitting at the table with Dwarven1 & pennypincher. I would like to get more into the hobby but funds are limited and mostly consumed by ammo purchases lately.

I've been listening in on the Derry repeater in the mornings on my way to work and on weekends I usually listen in/talk on the Westford repeater.

it probably was; I was sitting at the table with Dwarven1 & pennypincher. I would like to get more into the hobby but funds are limited and mostly consumed by ammo purchases lately.

I've been listening in on the Derry repeater in the mornings on my way to work and on weekends I usually listen in/talk on the Westford repeater.

Nice i can hit both of those repeaters. Send me a PM with your call and I will listen for it! You going to Near Fest?

Back
Top Bottom