• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Another chickens have come home to roast thread

Open borders are such a great thing for democrats !! Look at all the new voters beholden to them for all the free stuff ! Of course, we can only count those voters who survive the gang wars and aren't afraid to leave their houses !!!!! :eek: To all New Yorkers - ENJOY !!!!!

Open borders are such a great thing for democrats !! Look at all the new voters beholden to them for all the free stuff ! Of course, we can only count those voters who survive the gang wars and aren't afraid to leave their houses !!!!! :eek: To all New Yorkers - ENJOY !!!!!

Are you daft? Now they tell you you have to increase taxes and adhere to more stringent civil liberties restrictions because of this problem. [rofl]

Now, I don't think liberals are PURPOSEFULLY doing this. I think it is human nature. Watch V for Vendetta. Do you think that John Hurt is a mega-liberal? Nah. He's a conservative that is consolidating power and controlling the masses. . . in the name of safety and security.

Humans, when in charge, are not very bright. They look to solve teh problems of safety and security. And they don't like to be criticized by those most vulnerable. So they choose without thought the most freedom-choking choices. Raise taxes. Restrict rights. You see it over and over and over and over again.

It isn't a cabal. It's built in human stupidity at work. Which is why you'll never defeat it. In 50-100 years, your freedom fighters will be "left wing" again fighting the right wing control freaks. What goes around comes around.

Will the possible new gun laws affect the new residents?
Of course not. The law doesn't apply to them, it only applies to us. Those guys could be trading in illegal weapons, giggle switches, drugs, human trafficking you name it all day 24/7 and the response will be a slap on the wrist and the criminals know that. That's why they are coming here to specific areas of the state with woke prosecutors because they know they will not be held accountable.

Are you kidding? Once a name is added to the checklist it's NEVER removed, and ALWAYS votes Donk.

Are you daft? Now they tell you you have to increase taxes and adhere to more stringent civil liberties restrictions because of this problem. [rofl]

Now, I don't think liberals are PURPOSEFULLY doing this. I think it is human nature. Watch V for Vendetta. Do you think that John Hurt is a mega-liberal? Nah. He's a conservative that is consolidating power and controlling the masses. . . in the name of safety and security.

Humans, when in charge, are not very bright. They look to solve teh problems of safety and security. And they don't like to be criticized by those most vulnerable. So they choose without thought the most freedom-choking choices. Raise taxes. Restrict rights. You see it over and over and over and over again.

It isn't a cabal. It's built in human stupidity at work. Which is why you'll never defeat it. In 50-100 years, your freedom fighters will be "left wing" again fighting the right wing control freaks. What goes around comes around.

What you're describing is one of the 9 philosophical razors, most heard of Occam's but there are nine. The one that's used in your quote is Hanlon’s razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence or stupidity. Just thought I'd throw that out there you know, I'll go away now.

What you're describing is one of the 9 philosophical razors, most heard of Occam's but there are nine. The one that's used in your quote is Hanlon’s razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence or stupidity. Just thought I'd throw that out there you know, I'll go away now.
The problem with Hanlon's Razor: incompetent and malicious aren't mutually exclusive.

The problem with Hanlon's Razor: incompetent and malicious aren't mutually exclusive.

To what end? That's where everyone's "there's a cabal" theory goes to shit. If I've already GOT the cabal, what does more cabally give me?? More power? I own a president and I don't have enough power? Own Wall Street? I own Wall Street and need more power????

Are we saying these people are so twisted that they need everyone locked up in little cages world-wide in order to really feel power???

If so, by that logic and the logic of "it's an ongoing cabal that replenishes itself" it would mean we ALL want that. Even the most control-freakish people I've ever met don't want that. You're now creating a group of people that are about 3 standard deviation units from normal and continue to replenish. Something that isn't statistically possible.

They're just dumb. No offense, but look around here. How often are people sucked into a link posted that means NOTHING like the actual article??? Daily??? Most NES readers??? You think that cabal members or members of Congress or the board at Harvard are actually smarter than the average NES user? News flash - after 33 years in the investment world, I will tell you - the guy in the ivory tower is as dumb as the guy picking up his garbage at the end of the day. Stupid is meanly distributed. You NEVER get a group of above average anything for very long.

I honestly don't care what you believe. I'm trying to save you from decades of hand-wringing over the WRONG problem. Of course, believing there is some evil force that is causing this is easier to swallow and live with than just random stupid people in this world. Because the truth - the epacity of stupid in this world - is far far scarier because you're ALWAYS going to battle it, it will never end and it will never get better. Ever. (Which is why you either go insane or make peace with it. I don't "hate" the far Left. Nor will I hate the far Right when they 'take over' at some point.)

To what end? That's where everyone's "there's a cabal" theory goes to shit. If I've already GOT the cabal, what does more cabally give me?? More power? I own a president and I don't have enough power? Own Wall Street? I own Wall Street and need more power????

Are we saying these people are so twisted that they need everyone locked up in little cages world-wide in order to really feel power???

If so, by that logic and the logic of "it's an ongoing cabal that replenishes itself" it would mean we ALL want that. Even the most control-freakish people I've ever met don't want that. You're now creating a group of people that are about 3 standard deviation units from normal and continue to replenish. Something that isn't statistically possible.

They're just dumb. No offense, but look around here. How often are people sucked into a link posted that means NOTHING like the actual article??? Daily??? Most NES readers??? You think that cabal members or members of Congress or the board at Harvard are actually smarter than the average NES user? News flash - after 33 years in the investment world, I will tell you - the guy in the ivory tower is as dumb as the guy picking up his garbage at the end of the day. Stupid is meanly distributed. You NEVER get a group of above average anything for very long.

I honestly don't care what you believe. I'm trying to save you from decades of hand-wringing over the WRONG problem. Of course, believing there is some evil force that is causing this is easier to swallow and live with than just random stupid people in this world. Because the truth - the epacity of stupid in this world - is far far scarier because you're ALWAYS going to battle it, it will never end and it will never get better. Ever. (Which is why you either go insane or make peace with it. I don't "hate" the far Left. Nor will I hate the far Right when they 'take over' at some point.)
So your theory is politicians are just stupid? Creem and Day honestly believe gun laws will make us safer?

To those of that type, YES. They ALWAYS need more. Until they have it ALL.

I've always wondered how MB makes a profit selling a whole roast chicken for $5? Probably equivalent to McDs dollar menu just to get people in the door.

Just musing a bit but that or chuck it out, better to break even or maybe make a little plus for the effort than lose money. The ones offered are probably at or close to a sell by date.

So your theory is politicians are just stupid? Creem and Day honestly believe gun laws will make us safer?

Even simpler. Their BASE think it will make them safer. Why piss off your base???? That means less elections won.

Once you realize that ALL OF THEM are thinking of themselves first, you'll discover they just don't care about the your "position" as much as THEIR "position" if you get my drift.

Do you really think that Republicans, without their yapping base, would not tomorrow create some sort of path-to-citizenship for SOME illegals if it meant closing the border??? Of course they would. And it would get them fired. So even if it was a net MASSIVE positive gain, they'd never vote for it because. . . . they are stupid? No. Evil? Nope. Concerned with getting re-elected? BINGO!

And in the gun world, don't conflate anti-gunners with people who are EXPERTS on gun stats. They just don't know. They are relying on the sources they tend to check in order to get their "Facts." Sure their facts are opinions and wrong. But they aren't going to do a deep dive on the pros and cons of gun rights any time soon. Just like only a few cops actually have a working understanding of firearms law.

You and me are EXPERTS on these issues versus the politicians and cops. (See: Trump banning bump-stocks.)

Well documented that Costco sells them at a loss to get you in the door.
“I came to (Jim Sinegal) once and I said, ‘Jim, we can’t sell this hot dog for a buck fifty. We are losing our rear ends.’ And he said, ‘If you raise the effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out.’ That’s all I really needed. By the way, if you raised (the price) to $1.75, it would not be that big of a deal. People would still buy (it). But it’s the mindset that when you think of Costco, you think of the $1.50 hot dog (and soda).
“What we figured out we could do is build our own hot dog-manufacturing plant (in Los Angeles) and make our own Kirkland Signature hot dogs. Now we are doing so much hot dog business that we’ve opened up another plant in Chicago.
“By having the discipline to say, ‘You are not going to be able to raise your price. You have to figure it out,’ we took it over and started manufacturing our hot dogs. We keep it at $1.50 and make enough money to get a fair return.”
Because the story comes from Jelinek himself, the claim is true.

Back
Top Bottom