Another Unfortunate Gun Bonded Warehouse (Tombstone Trading Post)

Nothing good will come out of that and nothing will change unless somebody can prove that they're taking bribes/kickbacks from tombstone. Hell one PD was more or less caught doing that (with village vault, VV was giving them free guns and shit to the PD in question) and absolutely nothing happened to them. MA is 110% clown world in this regard. Openly corrupt behavior is ignored especially when it concerns gun owners.
This. All of this.

"To those reading these harassing reviews, left on November 1st, 2021, be aware that our bonded warehouse services are to securely and safely store firearms that have been confiscated by law enforcement for criminal behavior such as domestic violence, assault and battery and other violent crimes. You can imagine why someone who has violated the law would harass a business." - Owner of Tombstone Trading Post 2021

Glad to think that Tombstone thinks that somebody who didn't even go to court and had his license immediately reinstated was a violent felon. That's why they transferred one of the guns back to him.

We've discussed this before awhile ago.

That business model will never work because they (ethically sound entities, lets say) are not going to get into the business pay the grease/vigs/kickbacks to the shit PD's to get preferred pick up. BW/Extortion warehouses revolve around rape. Just simply having a BW is not enough.

Another caveat is.... that legal process can literally take years. Unless you have a giant, cheap vault/storage, this gets nonviable pretty fast. Think property, security systems, alarm fees etc. It'd have to be subsidized by donors to make it ecomically viable for those running it.
Yea it's not gonna be easy to make that idea work for sure. I know if I had a brick and mortar FFL I'd offer free storage services for NES green members 100%, maybe make it a reasonable Comm2a donation instead of storage fees lol I've never met anyone through NES that wasn't someone I'd have a beer with.

I would go in on that. Also can I get one? 🤣

I’ve done a few deals with the op. Seems like a great guy. Didn’t gouge on very gougeable items. Pay him back for his solidarity with your business. I’m sure that isn’t his motive here but sure will show him some gratitude

I’ve done a few deals with the op. Seems like a great guy. Didn’t gouge on very gougeable items. Pay him back for his solidarity with your business. I’m sure that isn’t his motive here but sure will show him some gratitude
Exactly. Straight up gentleman too. And knows his stuff. Great guy

I’ve done a few dozen deals with the op. Seems like a great guy. Didn’t gouge on very gougeable items. Pay him back for his solidarity with your business. I’m sure that isn’t his motive here but sure will show him some gratitude
Yeah, I fixed that for you. None of you better do shit. I will do a police pickup for basically anybody that isn't an actual felon. Edit: Reading back through this that's not true. I'll still pickup for a felony to a point. If you committed tax evasion and are now a felon, yeah, I'm still going to pick up. Pedophiles, rapists and the like? Nah, burn in hell.

Last edited:
"To those reading these harassing reviews, left on November 1st, 2021, be aware that our bonded warehouse services are to securely and safely store firearms that have been confiscated by law enforcement for Alleged criminal behavior such as domestic violence, assault and battery and other violent crimes. You can imagine why someone who has violated the law would harass a business." - Owner of Tombstone Trading Post 2021
FIFH

This. All of this.

"To those reading these harassing reviews, left on November 1st, 2021, be aware that our bonded warehouse services are to securely and safely store firearms that have been confiscated by law enforcement for criminal behavior such as domestic violence, assault and battery and other violent crimes. You can imagine why someone who has violated the law would harass a business." - Owner of Tombstone Trading Post 2021

Glad to think that Tombstone thinks that somebody who didn't even go to court and had his license immediately reinstated was a violent felon. That's why they transferred one of the guns back to him.
That kind of makes this even more disgusting if you think about it... probably easy 80% of the 209As filed in this state are fraudulent to begin with.... basically Tombstone is presuming that all of these people are violent criminals and are automatically guilty. They act like most PD guns come from killers or something. Even in big dump cities the 209A confiscations probably outnumber other "crime" recoveries dramatically.

I wonder if the Mass DOR has records showing those collected taxes ($18.75) being paid to the Commonwealth...?
Karma is... funny. 🤡
View attachment 538252

ODD: 2015 and using paper form that can be crumbled into a tiny ball after you left the store...

Of course they only take CASH... [rofl]

As much as I hate what they did, I would never use the .gov as a weapon.

I agree with Greg here, that's some bad juujuu that I'd rather not entertain.
Yeah, more of a "What if?" post. I don't even like talking to the Government when I renew my Driver's License...

I think the hint was taken by the shop anyway. Nothing has to go any further than a little lambasting.

Would be cool if people remembered this at the next gunshow, but they won't and still buy shit from Tombstone.

The fact that they are a bonded warehouse should be spread far and wide and not to patronize them.
Waal now, to be transgressive...
...it would be a shame if someone plastered the outside of the gunshow's venue
with a bunch of QR code stickers with the URL for this thread.
You know how long the lines are; we wouldn't want people to have
some reading to do on their smartphones while they wait to get in.

(Assuming this thread survives, and is visible without login).

I had some ideas, but wasn't sure if it was cool to post them for maybe libel reasons against this website.. Lets just say I haven't been to a gunshow in years, but I will pay admission to the next one to help out. Tombstone is usually the largest vendor at the shows, at least when I used to go to them. I never bought anything from them as I thought their prices were always high.

Some time ago I was talking to a dealer and he said before the show started, Tombstone came and bought every HK (and I think Glock) they had, he said they were trying to do it at every dealer that had any for sale. They then put them for sale at their table with a hefty markup.. That was the beginning of the end of gunshows for me, because I know that was not an isolated incident.

That above scenario does not come close to what I think of a bonded warehouse and we ALL should do whatever we can to inform people who may not know so they can make an informed decision of who to purchase firearms and related accessories from.

Pounding online reviews WITH THE TRUTH is a great start for instance. You think Google or Yelp is going to help a gun dealer out with massive negative reviews ?

FTT

Would be cool if people remembered this at the next gunshow, but they won't and still buy shit from Tombstone.

The fact that they are a bonded warehouse should be spread far and wide and not to patronize them.
I read on some gun forums where people would still buy ammo from Dick's after what they did to gun owners and they knew it so yes there will still be those who don't care.

I had some ideas, but wasn't sure if it was cool to post them for maybe libel reasons against this website.. Lets just say I haven't been to a gunshow in years, but I will pay admission to the next one to help out.
Not trying to get Derek in hot water,
or sucker some random NESer (e.g., you) into getting into trouble.
Jus' sayin'.

Tombstone is usually the largest vendor at the shows, at least when I used to go to them. I never bought anything from them as I thought their prices were always high.
Ironically, I'm pretty sure in retrospect we have their business card
in the hideously disorganized document pockets inside our safe,
because IIRC The Bride glommed onto it at a show half a dozen years ago
after we bought some tidbit from them. Strange since I've bought
98% of our gun stuff. Maybe it was a pair of mags at a slight volume discount.
We did not flounce around collecting all vendors' physical cards.

Pounding online reviews WITH THE TRUTH is a great start for instance. You think Google or Yelp is going to help a gun dealer out with massive negative reviews ?
Youbad!

A great many of you know me both privately through many private transactions, shoots, and local meets. Others know me through my part-time FFL Pathfinder Armament that I've been operating at the mill in Littleton for a few years now. As stated I am part-time (therefore possessing a day job as well) and people around me know well that if I don't have something nor can I get it I will gladly make a recommendation to point you in the right direction.

It comes with a heavy heart that what I otherwise used to recommend as a decent Western/Central Massachusetts gun store for military surplus is part of the system that plagues gun owners in Massachusetts. Tombstone Trading Post in Brookfield, Massachusetts got involved in a police pickup that they had zero business nor right getting involved with. Now the events occurred recently, but I have allowed some time to pass to see if my thoughts on the matter evolved. After a conversations with other FFLs in our building I am making this post, but trying to remove any potential emotional biases out of it. You know who you are.

I had somebody who is both a customer and personal friend temporarily lose their LTC over domestic disputes. The situation itself ended up being a big nothing, but regardless he did lose his LTC and local police department confiscated all firearms involved. I will not be outing the department for obvious reasons. They did not immediately send his firearms to a bonded warehouse and actually stored them all for the duration of the case and the eventual reinstatement of his license. You read correctly that he did in fact get his license back in short enough order. The police department returned all of his firearms to him (including new production stripped lowers), but somehow came to the conclusion that a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS and a completed Anderson needed to be transferred through a FFL. Naturally having done numerous police pickups (some of which are documented in this forum) I volunteer my time to my friend. The department on the other hand determined that the firearms would be transferred by Tombstone. Per conversations that were had with my customer and the chief of police it was confirmed that Tombstone confirmed they would transfer both firearms back to him.
Now the astute among us will already know that these firearms were registered to this individually lawfully and there was no need for an FFL at all. I already had voiced this concern, but was told they wanted a FFL and were choosing Tombstone against the owner's lawful request. Now the next parts happen very quickly.
They pick up both firearms from the department. Now part of police pickups is verifying all firearms and a minor inspection. This is the time in which if you do not plan on actually transferring back to the original owner you would think you would mention so? Or if you viewed the firearm as unlawful. Well, they pick up both guns and proceed to transfer my customer his own Glock (that again is already registered to him and doesn't need a FFL at all) to the tune of over $130. But as bad as that is, that's not why we're here. They refused to transfer the AR15 back to him on grounds that it was noncompliant due to being able to accept a detachable magazine and possessing a "flash hider." In quotations because the "flash hider" is pictured below and is in fact a Strike Industries compensated muzzle brake. Now I will admit as far as the identification of the flash hider, that is hearsay from the firearm owner to me.
I will not tell you what to do with your FFL, but if you didn't intend on transferring the firearm back to the original owner based upon this faulty criteria, perhaps you should not have accepted the firearm in the first place? You already illegally transferred a fully assembled glock 17 and used the dealer MIRCS portal to register it to him a second time. So clearly concern of the law isn't entirely warranted. I can only come to the conclusion your hopes were that the owner would surrender the rifle to you or sell it and you collect your consignment commission. Still though, our encounter has not concluded. My customer calls me stating that they won't transfer it back to him. I immediately call over as his requesting FFL for FFL transfer and they won't speak to me until he calls them back and gives expressed permission that they can speak to me as if they are under violation of HIPAA as a medical professional (something I might know a thing or two about). I call them back and the owner explains to me that my customer is correct and he will not transfer the firearm. I ask him why not? He explains himself. I ask why he even got involved at this point in the first place based on that information. Tells me that my beef is with the local PD.

Well, you are right that I do take issue with how the police department handled this, but you are the self created obstacle at this point. "I would like to pick up X's AR15 as soon as possible. I can make it out there as early as tomorrow" I was informed that they only do those types of transfers by appointment and on specific days of the week and the earliest day was 4 days (Friday to Tuesday) from that point. I asked if my customer was being charged for storage on days that he couldn't pick them up by their rules and to no surprise. He was being charged for this completely nebulous and unavailable time. Now we are finally getting into what sent me over the edge. This is already bad in my opinion, but last thing you do is start making up rules for other FFLs within your own state. He would require the license to carry of a fully-licensed FFL in his home state. I won't lie that I responded negatively to this because it isn't by required by law nor is it reasonable given dealing FFL to FFL. Instead of going through all this extra hassle I request that the firearms be shipped to my FFL to avoid this unnecessary invasion of expectation. He refused to ship a firearm to another fully licensed FFL because "Now I don't know that you have a LTC" as if that matters. Again honestly, I, a rare instance, let my anger get the best of me. He then gives me the ultimatum that he doesn't have to transfer them to me at all and for the sake of my friend, I shut up for the moment.
We finally set on Tuesday. I arrive at 11am and figures, he doesn't accept cards on these transactions because he doesn't know that I won't reverse the charges. You have multiple signed documents that I'm accepting the firearm and the charges and you're concerned with me reversing charges? Again, for the sake of the customer I pay cash and leave.

Could I have handled this better? Yes, I'll admit I was an a**h*** upon hearing the ridiculous requirements towards another dealer. Massachusetts is already a difficult enough state to live in and situations like these only make it harder. I really hope the couple hundred dollars you made was worth it. I otherwise wish you the best, and will let everybody decide for themselves. I will say consider yourself lucky that there wasn't a lawyer involved. Apologies for the rambling, it was a lot to process and it was weeks in the making. Let this be a continued lesson about gun bonded warehouses and they are not friends of the 2nd amendment community.

View attachment 538172
Piece if shit. Dead to me. How is that comp even remotely similar to a FH?

How about inside? I will rent table space to the next local gun show for anyone willing to setup shop inside.

Huh. I guess he didn't like what I had to say about his lack of knowledge of MGL140 section 123, 129D, 131M and CMR 940 on top of everything else. He really has deleted everything I said and blocked me.

Maybe someone with Sammy boards can pace the aisles to let the unwashed masses know the story.

was wondering when you'd post about this. very interesting. f them. next time I see them at a gun show I'll be sure to act real interested in something, maybe group some accessories and ammo together with it, and then say, naw, wait, aint yall the a**h***s who screw fellow community members over. I'm good, and not buy jack shit.

How about inside? I will rent table space to the next local gun show for anyone willing to setup shop inside.
Just to supply some negative waves,
I seem to recall from other issues that the show promoters
are very aware of which vendors provide the bulk of their revenue
and act accordingly.

Just to supply some negative waves,
I seem to recall from other issues that the show promoters
are very aware of which vendors provide the bulk of their revenue
and act accordingly.
Still can't get over being blocked after quoting him the actual laws he claims I know dick about. All the while still having that he is being harassed by fake people. But it is what it is. I wish him the best in his new found world. Hope he at least learns his lesson.
DizzyFlippantFennecfox-max-1mb.gif

I'm sure that evil crone that runs the shows would love that. 🤣 Make sure you tell her you're selling LED flashlights. Gun books or something boring. Problem is they will stick your booth in the sub-anus of the show unless you're one of her favorites. I've seen all the greasy shit at those things... [rofl]

Of course the 209A guy should have got his guns back...

But, couldn't Tombstone at least just given the AR15 receiver back and then maybe sent the upper to a gunsmith to install a different brake?

I would also like clarification on the transfer back to the 209A guy.

Are they supposed to just hand it over after you pay the fee or can they refuse because its a "post ban" Glock?
And, then decide to keep it for themselves after you cant afford to pay the fee forever?

I always thought that "post ban" Glocks would be lost forever if taken to a Bonded Warehouse because it's "illegal" to sell a new Glock.

This also bring to light another problem...

What if you do have an upper with a flash hider. Totally separate from a lower.
Would that be confiscated by the PD and kept forever by the Bonded Warehouse?
An AR15 upper is only an unregulated part if it is not connected to a lower.

I was the one who started a thread on a more customer oriented "Bonded Warehouse".
One that could be on call to collect your stuff right away before the PD gets involved.

Back
Top Bottom