Anti-Glock Guy Buys A Glock

It's possible to love them all: Sig, Glock, HK, .... Ask me how I know. [wink]

Floor plate removal: There's a bunch of advice and videos. Skip all that and use this:

redpinkgtul.jpg

http://www.mygtul.com/catalog/gtul-products-0

Cool, I'll try these out.

Try this with a Sig ->

Haha, well, I'm not that fast, but I've found hold it upside down, pointing away from, you with backstrap in thumb web. Then grip a bit and pull slide towards thumb (one handed). Now either with same hand or other hand push down on tabs and release pressure and it should just come apart. It's actually quite easy, once I found a method (there are lots of others).

Ya you're probably right and I'm sure it will be a non-issue soon. The microscopic takedown buttons just seem odd.

On the mags, make sure you're pushing the spring base plate way up. I take a small phillips screw driver about 2.5-3" long and force it all the way in. Then they release easy because it flips up the spring floor plate out of the way. If you don't push it way up you're just trying to squeeze the spring floor plate which won't work.

You may not believe me but I honestly pushed the hell out of it with a good length punch while squeezing the sides and pulling on the plate. It seemed equally immobile so trying to tear the hell out of it was actually easier on my hands lol

I honestly still do not see what all the hoopla is about these things. It's like Gibson Les Paul owners in the guitar world.
It was a nice gun but nothing about it made me go "OMGZZZ" this is amazing LOL!

Trust me, I'm no glock fanboy. I used to roll my eyes and make fun of people who swore by them. You're right, on the surface its nothing really special. Still, after handling an M&P, the glock just feels way better to me. Maybe its the shape of my specific hand but the thing handles like a glove. I also shot the glock better. Feel free to roll your eyes, I was with you not too long ago lol but I now admit there is something special about them. Not the best at anything but good at everything imo

Last edited by a moderator:
it didn't suck (by any means , maybe if I had started with Glocks I would think different, I love the way an M&P fits my hand) I know when I shot one of the new HK VP9's a coupe of weeks back..............that wowed me a lot more than the Glocks did yesterday.
All about the grip (plus that HK had a pretty nice trigger.)

Last edited:
Ya the grip is a huge factor. Its actually the reason I liked the sig more than the hk I shot. The hk just didn't fit my hand well and felt awkward. The results of a few mags downrange between the two made me rule out the hk pretty quick. People swear by those too and they're really nice guns but it just didn't do it for me.

I'm also one of those weirdos who doesn't want to see an excessive amount of wear on most of my guns. Call me a p*ssy but I like to somewhat take care of a $800+ pistol or $1200+ rifle and prefer it retains most of the finish for years to come. That doesn't mean not shooting it or treating it like a baby but I just take a little extra care with the expensive ones. With the glock, I could care less. Holster wear, scrapes, chipped finish, whatever won't bother me one bit in the long run. It just my solid reliable everyday beater that will hopefully get the job done for years to come, kind of like a good truck. A bimmer is still a car that gets driven and not excessively babied but you tend to take that extra step to protect it over the truck. At least I would. I'm sure many cheaper carry guns fit the same bill but I'm happy with the G26.

I'm also one of those weirdos who doesn't want to see an excessive amount of wear on most of my guns. Call me a p*ssy but I like to somewhat take care of a $800+ pistol or $1200+ rifle and prefer it retains most of the finish for years to come. That doesn't mean not shooting it or treating it like a baby but I just take a little extra care with the expensive ones. With the glock, I could care less. Holster wear, scrapes, chipped finish, whatever won't bother me one bit in the long run. It just my solid reliable everyday beater that will hopefully get the job done for years to come, kind of like a good truck.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of Glocks and why I'm happy to finally have one vs. the Sig and some nice Colt 1911's I have. I had a HK USP that was perhaps a better gun in terms of trigger and overall quality, but only by a slim margin. IMHO the Glock is a better buy if you are in the market for a polymer frame pistol. Plus it was fun to get a good deal in MA on my Gen 4 G34.

In a prior thread I mentioned my opinion of Glock triggers. They are actually quite good compared to the trigger you would typically find on a Windex bottle, though some may argue that the Windex trigger has less play, less take-up, smoother travel, and is more comfortable than the newer ribbed Glock triggers. Kidding aside, I thought the trigger on my new G34 was pretty horrible as delivered. With minimal effort and a couple bucks for springs, it's pretty good; and the G34 is now a tack-driver for half the cost of something else with comparable performance.

Since this thread got bumped, I have to chime in. After 2 consecutive weekends at the range with my new Glock 19, I'm stunned by how well it shoots. We have a steel plate rack and dueling tree at my range, and I went through about 200 rds. on Saturday with it. Once I started to get accustomed to it's aim, I found its sweet spot and was knocking down 6 of 6 plates consistently. Not a single issue in the 500 rds. I've shot so far with it. I think I've been permanently swayed to the dark side, and am already planning the next one.

Glock mag floorplates? Jam the glock disassembly tool into the hole which will depress the spring and spring plate a good ways, then move the tool towards the front of the magazine. This doesn't have to be complicated.

Since this thread got bumped, I have to chime in. After 2 consecutive weekends at the range with my new Glock 19, I'm stunned by how well it shoots. We have a steel plate rack and dueling tree at my range, and I went through about 200 rds. on Saturday with it. Once I started to get accustomed to it's aim, I found its sweet spot and was knocking down 6 of 6 plates consistently. Not a single issue in the 500 rds. I've shot so far with it. I think I've been permanently swayed to the dark side, and am already planning the next one.

I love mine too, took about the same amount of time to get used to the sights. I cleaned it after I shot the first 3000 rounds, not sure if I was supposed to or not. [wink]

Glock mag floorplates? Jam the glock disassembly tool into the hole which will depress the spring and spring plate a good ways, then move the tool towards the front of the magazine. This doesn't have to be complicated.

How is this different than pushing a punch through, depressing the spring way down, and pulling? Cuz the punch doeant say "glock" on it? lol I don't get it

How is this different than pushing a punch through, depressing the spring way down, and pulling? Cuz the punch doeant say "glock" on it? lol I don't get it

I think what he's driving at is "You're doing it wrong." Pinching the magazine is difficult. The first time you do it, it IS a bitch. Gets easier with practice.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom